Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average

Advanced aerial AI (version 5.2)

Been using this A.I. for pretty much all of my aircraft for quite a while. However, I've been having enormous difficulty with it having unpredictable behavior for which I have no explanation. In particular, I've found that with my helicopter builds, the A.I. insists on using pitch and roll even when:

Angle Before Roll = 180
Max Roll Angle = 0
Max Pitch Angle = 0
Min Pitch Angle = 0

As well as overboard on thrusters to facilitate keeping the craft level. In essence, when I remove the A.I. and run with just PIDs and ACBs, I can get level flight with no problem, otherwise I end up doing perpetual barrel rolls and soaring to 2km altitudes. Is this a known issue with the A.I.?

Oddly, I've been able to get planes to function acceptably as is and using the most recent update. I am very much hoping to continue using the A.I. as it is a necessary space saver for micro-builds. Not to mention that it massively increases the viability of builds in comparison to the extremely basic A.I.
“Immature artists imitate. Mature artists steal.”—Lionel Trilling

Quick question, I was wondering if the LUA AI respects the vanilla AI's settings in the Aerial card or if it overrides those with it's own?

From a quick test it appears it will ignore the AI card, however trying to run both in combat resulted in it crashing into the water several times. Best to use one or the other.

If you want to keep Ai card Cinematic Ai was designed to work in conjunction with it. Madwands Ai though will give you a better over all aircraft control but you need to read the documentation. It will answer 90% of your questions for what each setting does.

Still waiting on answers to my question regarding helicopters doing barrel rolls, and it occurs to me that the builds in question could be of use. Let me drop them here:

.blueprint   Freezing Rain Gunship.blueprint (Size: 130.72 KB / Downloads: 2)

.blueprint   Hailo Light Chopper.blueprint (Size: 68.88 KB / Downloads: 2)

.blueprint   Hurricane Gunship.blueprint (Size: 87.38 KB / Downloads: 2)

.blueprint   Typhoon Gunship.blueprint (Size: 89.83 KB / Downloads: 2)

.blueprint   Raging Surf Gunship.blueprint (Size: 95.65 KB / Downloads: 2)

Would love to figure out why they seem so insistant on bizzare aerial acrobatics for which they were never designed...

(2018-07-22, 12:23 AM)jmattspartacus Wrote: Quick question, I was wondering if the LUA AI respects the vanilla AI's settings in the Aerial card or if it overrides those with it's own?

Overrides to my knowledge if running

So, without me installing, testing and/or pouring over the code: how does this one compare/contrast with Draba's "hover AI" thing?

Quite impressive the stuff that this community has come up with!
Epic Confrontation: Robot vs. Puppy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dneLQY6ZVk

Draba's A.I. is just as effective at doing what it does, but it's important to keep in mind that these two A.I.s serve two different purposes. Draba's is best used for satellites and gunships designed specifically to use its functionality. I understand that Draba's A.I. has been updated to allow for use as a general purpose A.I. but I've never used it for that. Madwand's is generally better for a generic build. It's well worth building something specifically for Draba's A.I. though as being able to maintain a set distance while engaging in evasive maneuvers is extremely powerful. It makes a basic gunship more or less capable of avoiding every single weapon type other than hitscan weapons like lasers. A gunship that used Draba's A.I. and laser absorbing shields would be more or less invincible, so long as you get the evasive pattern right.

Cool. Thanks StOrmWyvrn.
Epic Confrontation: Robot vs. Puppy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dneLQY6ZVk

(2018-07-16, 04:13 AM)Softie Wrote:
(2018-07-15, 08:39 AM)Jäger Wrote:
(2018-07-15, 08:08 AM)Softie Wrote:
(2018-07-14, 08:34 PM)Jäger Wrote: Hey I was wondering if anyone had mad an A-10 dive bomb with this code?
If so what settings did you use, cant seem to get it right :/
Thanks in advance

Well, haven't done anything in ftd in months, getting back into it now. However, I can't recall making a dive bomber quite easy tho I suppose you could set the normal AI using ACB's.  If distance is less then this, lower to, and in theory I think that would be similar.  

Tho, are you wanting dive bomb or like, strafeing?

Im trying to get it to descend toward the target at say a 30 degree depression point ing the nose at the vehicle,
So for instance it approaches the vehicle in a straight line at 200m alt, once it reaches 1500m away from the vehicle it will begin to descend towards the target pointing the nose at the enemy at a 30 degree angle allowing for a gun run and then pulling up and returning to 200m

Ive managed to get every working apart from the descent (gun run)

Definitely doable with Lua code,t ho that sounds more like a custom code to  me since it is so specific however, I think there were a few codes that gave realistic pathing like you mentioned.

Any idea which ones?
~Jäger

(2018-08-04, 05:27 AM)Jäger Wrote:
(2018-07-16, 04:13 AM)Softie Wrote: Definitely doable with Lua code,t ho that sounds more like a custom code to  me since it is so specific however, I think there were a few codes that gave realistic pathing like you mentioned.

Any idea which ones?

Oo new forums like it.

I'm just going to list the one's I'm aware of.

Hover Ai Differential
Kamikazie multi-target
Raming
Cinematic

Tho, the cinematic one would likely be your best bet.