Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average

Advanced aerial AI (version 5.32)

Alright, so I tried making a kamikaze icbm using your kamikaze settings. But no matter what, it SOMETIMES locks onto a target (very rarely) but if it misses, it just keeps going forward indefinitely until it runs out of fuel. What's going on?

Attached Files
.blueprint   KAMIKAZE.blueprint (Size: 81.8 KB / Downloads: 19)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong" -Voltaire

My plane just moves away from the target, never towards it.
WHAT?! Is the gun not destroying fast enough? Remember, IF IT DOESNT KILL HIM IT MAKES HIM STRONGER. ADD MORE GUN. ADD BIGGER GUN!

Makes ugly designs with big APS and big lazer

(2019-02-16, 10:54 AM)icecream205 Wrote: My plane just moves away from the target, never towards it.

1. check the distances and if your plane is fast enough to achieve it's desired distances. 

2. If the distances are correct and the plane is fast enough that it's not always being chased ensure that the negatives and/or degree settings arne't flipped.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

(2019-02-11, 12:36 AM)Fuzzah Wrote: Alright, so I tried making a kamikaze icbm using your kamikaze settings. But no matter what, it SOMETIMES locks onto a target (very rarely) but if it misses, it just keeps going forward indefinitely until it runs out of fuel. What's going on?

Your craft needs detection. It doesn't know where the enemy is.

Hi there, So recently I've switched from making ships to planes. I made a Air Superiority fighter with this script that, while soooometimes still a little strange it does its job and, due to my launcher restrictions, doesnt really fire at Ground targets like I want, though its way of flying around an enemy is kinda weird to me.

My main problem is a Attacker/Strikebomber I'm trying to make. It flies stable especially with the AI's control, And Its first attack run is fine.
It goes straight for the enemy target while Keeping roughly the correct altitude. (I Set 75 but it tends to do 80 which i'm fine with)
It has a nice smooth flight until it launches it bombs/missiles. After it reaches the 300m abort distance, it goes away and.

Yet, once its reached the new attack run distance or the timer triggers it to attack again. spaghetti goes wrong.
For some reason every last time after the first attack run. Instead of turn TOWARDS the ENEMY, it decides to start rolling and basically doing a helical turn climb into space, even when its above the target again. Why does this happen?
It seems to not depend on the payload (The bombs/missiles).

I've set all altitude restrictions to 100/200 values yet it just wants to helical climb up to 800 and higher instead of turn back around and go straight for the enemy at roughly ~75m after its succesfully completed the first bombing run.

(2019-06-04, 12:36 AM)Sir.English Wrote: ...
Yes, this may be a bug I've observed before in the roll code. I've spent hours on this bug and still can't figure it out. It's very, very weird. Possibly tweaking various parameters related to roll will help but I really can't say for sure.