Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Monsters

With all the cool developments in ship-building, it feels like these guys have been a little neglected. That's a shame, considering they're damned impressive.

The two we've had so far are huge, and intimidating between their designs and flashy projectile attacks (the melee attacks are less flashy, but still scary if you weren't expecting them).

We know that they'll be attacking resource zones, but not much else.

Personally, I'm hoping the sea lurker is the first monster encountered. You only get 1 chance at a first impression, and 10 story tall... insect thing suddenly bursting out from the ocean floor is hard to beat.

Also... what will the rewards be for tackling these things? Maybe the ability to use their attacks? Maybe get one of your own to bring along for a fortress assault? I am eager to find out.

So, what are your thoughts/ideas on these? As far as I can tell, there hasn't been a topic about them since nearly the release of the pre-alpha build.

There was already a topic about them ( i created it because i saw them in the trailers). Where we already discussed about the rewards and stuff.

Nick said that this is not an priority so don't expect something to soon.
There is no reason in being a adult if you can't be childish -Nerdcubed

(2014-04-12, 08:41 AM)lemmington Wrote: There was already a topic about them ( i created it because i saw them in the trailers). Where we already discussed about the rewards and stuff.

Nick said that this is not an priority so don't expect something to soon.

In that case, mind directing me to it? I made sure to search the forums before posting this, and I didn't see anything beyond the one thread I already mentioned.

And I don't mind that nothing will come soon.

http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...hp?tid=309

I think i have made an error in my memories Tongue well anyho there is this thread now

don't stop talking about it just because we've spoken about it before - I'd like to know more about how people want them to fit into the game!
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

Now we got 3 topics titled "Monsters".
I wonder if people use "search" option before posting ... ?

But anyway, in my opinion monster are cool addon. Something to challenge and test designs against. A bit of unpredictability implemented to monster will be good, like sudden rapid direction change, and/or attack etc.
Steam Workshop
[Image: KofGHX]

Modding Whorkshop : Wheels On Crack : Testing Suspension

I did use the search option, thank you. The one lemmington linked is from three months ago and has all of 5 posts in it. The other one predates the pre-alpha!

We're not exactly swimming in topics on the subject.

So, for when the player will encounter the monster... I think you should encounter your first one just as you're going between the tiles, so you don't have a fortress to worry about losing. As a player, I'm tempted to have some sort of "bring the big guns" warning when you're about to meet your first one, but I like the idea of just jumping in, expecting an easy fight, and seeing how wrong you are.

Fortresses take a long time to build, and even if you get a facility to crank out pre-made ones based on a blueprint, losing one is still going to hurt. So throwing a monster at players with no warning beyond the invasion timer is a little unfair. This way, even if the player immediately evacs, they at least have a glimpse of what they are dealing with. Speaking of which, any idea if they'll move like invasion forces? I can't imagine being able to track, say, the lurker. And it would kill the mystery if you got a big picture of the sea terror on the map. Maybe mark it with a big question mark if it's not a monster you've fought before?

I guess since the old one was dead and we don´t want to much necroing we can accept this new tread.

On topic: It´ll help if you made the two in the game at least damagable so we can play with them a bit.
The sword that smites evil.

haha that's true- I like these thoughts. I'll start I think by making the sea terrror damageable.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

And captureable? So i can try thos harpoons Big Grin