Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

What we are currently working on #6 April 2020

What is up Depthians!

Back with another news update as to what is happening at Brilliant skies.

As most of you know we are working our sterns off with the Strategic AI which we have running in Devtest at the mo. We are still working on features and functions for the AI and ironing out bugs old and new that have been found by you awesome people that have opted into Devtest.
You can find more info about the current Devtest here

We will also be seeing these new additions/changes to From The Depths. The two I am most excited for are 1237 + 1224 Big Grin
REQ-1239 APS Shell RGBO colour selector and size selector for tracer shells.
REQ-1236 movable light source block
REQ-1237 See invisible blocks/mimics button
REQ-1224 Temporarily disable mimics in build mode
REQ-1235 Allow CJEs and Jet Thrusters to adjust pitch/yaw like Water Props
REQ-1234 Buffed stats for wheels
REQ-1231 CIWS slider similar to LAMS slider for missile gauge
REQ-1226 Apply to all button for smoke dispenser
REQ-1211 Make warp drive terminators count towards warp rod length.
REQ-1210 Key Binding to return from part submenu
REQ-1195 Additional Weapon Ammo Management Options
REQ-1182 Allow players to assign engine priority

With regards to 1195, the current idea which we shall be implementing will work through ACBs for now, which would stop reloading at a given ammo % and another option to stop firing at a given ammo %. We may in future add these to the UI’s for missiles, CRAM, and APS.

Bigger wheels will make an appearance, and I’m sorry that I don’t have an ETA or any sneak preview stuff just yet on the wheels. These requests will most probably hit Devtest first before stable.

1210 Is probably going to work by right-mouse click to go back 1 tab

I’m sure you are about to ask “When will Devtest be released to stable?” For now, I don’t have an ETA and this is due to multiplayer (MP). We already know MP has its issues and we have a rough idea of how the new changes are going to work with MP. We do not wish to make things worse for those that MP is “working” for, without more in-depth testing with these new functions and features. Nick had hoped to have a number of MP issues resolved during this Devtest branch among the usual dose of bug fixes. However, today on the 2nd of April 2020 he has become a dad! Big Grin So yes a slight delay in getting to a number of those MP issues this week. Hopefully, Nick will be around more after this weekend.

Once new additions or bug fixes are added to Devtest I will update the post, which I linked above unless its some minor change. 

As always thanks for your support Smile
Check out my Lets play of From The depths >here<
As well as other games Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
What we are currently working on #6 April 2020 - by Jon - Community Manager - 2020-04-02, 09:15 PM