Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

What we are currently working on #5 Feb 2020

What is up Depthians! 

Hope you are all doing well and excited for the strategic AI update which we are still working on. I have captured some of the AI in action, but please understand that not all the functions and features are currently in this little sneak preview and anything covered is subject to change. 

What we have currently is that the AI can create repair jobs, harvesting / gathering / transporting mats, capture jobs and I think there are attack jobs from what I have seen in my latest test.

Capture Jobs
This is to expand the factions territory. Some territory will have a higher preference than others and a faction requires to be at war with the current tile owner to be capturable. Constructs will group up in their territory before moving all together into the target board section.

Repairing structures and fortresses
AI will find a tile which has damaged structures or forts and it should check and see if it has enough mats for the job. The AI should also factor in the distance to the job and stockpiles and gather mats if needed. AI will also place down blueprints on an RZ or strategic location and send a construct to repair it from 0%.

Moving materials
Taking materials from the harvesting unit and putting them into the HQ for building with. 

There are more jobs to be implemented like the following defend jobs and many more, which will be created on further testing of the strategic AI.

Defending points
Can defend resource zones, HQ and specific locations as marked on the map (strategic locations that can / may give passive buffs if built on).
For resource zones constructs will move to the garrison location of the board section containing the zone. The priority of these jobs will depend on the number of enemy forces within a configurable radius.

Defending borders
This job is to protect the front line of the fight. Defending jobs would be assigned each to the parts of the border that need defending the most. If the AI has constructs that are idle after creating defend jobs, these constructs would / could be put on patrol. 

Resupplying with ammo, fuel and materials
Distribute to whoever needs it the most depending on procurement levels.

With that said I do hope you find this short gameplay interesting where I try and capture some of the AI in action doing its thing. Please understand that there are plenty of functions that need ironing out and loads of features and functions yet to be implemented. This is just the very basic start to the strategic AI! 

We have also talked about diplomacy lately and how we can improve it and how this would also make the strategic AI more alive. 
There were plenty of suggestions/ideas and how we can get a number of them to work with ease and others hard to implement, but we will talk about that in detail another time.

As for other news, we now have some slope transitions in our internal branch which will be in the next devtest build (no ETA, sorry). Wooden transitions may not make it to the next devtest as that requires a different method of implementing and as you know the team is focusing mostly on the strat AI, however! That does not mean we don't have a healthy dose of bug fixes / tweaks and updates and at the time of writing this we have 58 bug fixes awaiting release with a number in review. 

Some slopes for your slopes that go in between slopes! 
[Image: 7J4LOZ7YYExDfHjWHO8-eZh-FjANcmbV_9GEYpPO...0UEMlWIpoJ]

[Image: jShFwJT0fNiaL4-oBlY6Yp04DTgA5G5Xz1n7oiHV...7rD9FsW_JL]
We will also have wings for your wings! These wings will work just like our current wings, but look like better wings Big Grin
There may be a few more minor additions to the additions :p by the time of release.
 [Image: A86kbk93IKVHuvjMzGe3onWRfqEDOqo5DNocAsca...xyxr5lEnPJ]

Big Grin
Check out my Lets play of From The depths >here<
As well as other games Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
What we are currently working on #5 Feb 2020 - by Jon - Community Manager - 2020-02-13, 11:31 PM