Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tips and Tricks For A Noob

(2019-11-30, 12:12 AM)CarcassEater Wrote:
(2019-11-29, 09:22 PM)UnderTrack Wrote: for the same setup, as long as the shell fits into the autoloader and that it's not beltfeed, you have the best damage output against a ship with the larger caliber guns; also using explosives on a 18mm ? very meh choise there
alltho for Flak CIWS, you wanna aim for something above 100mm, it's where it starts to get fairly decent.

Noted! I'll probably end up increasing the caliber instead of swapping to kinetics since Skyler informed me FtD doesn't like RPMs above 2000, and the APS is most certainly beltfed so I'll swap that out for something else if I ever end up making a high-ROF gun.

Thanks!

Well the idea is that you should make the gun as high RoF as possible to begin with, my indication was just to say that if you take the exact same gun but limit it to 6x18mm, it's gonna be significantly less good in damage output than limiting it to 1x402mm for example

(I ran such test with a very easy 1m autoloader/clip /2intakes 3x3xH (I don't recall which 'H' I used) setup with base design as 300RPM 5x56mm with HESH (HESH head/3 HE//6GP) and did the test for 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 gun on the firing piece at max caliber and the result was astonishing (at least for me), against various DWG ships and planes and OW smaller castleships; the spamguns would take minutes to take those down while the 1x 402mm would just rekt everything in less than half a minute if not 1 to 2 shotting it, that made me realise that while RoF is important, the APS update realy fucked up spamguns pretty hard; But this test doesn't mean that beltfeed are bad (I just believe they are way too specific for my design style) or that spamguns are bad (a sabot spamgun should do great against microjets or HA spam I believe) and RoF is overrated (it is but it's not realy all that much of an exageration, sometimes even the slightest of RoF increase can make a difference), it just means that if you look for the 'which one takes the lesser time to kill something' the bigger guns win; alltho it should be considered that I'm nowhere near using the best shell for each caliber, not making those rail-guns, a d not using anything fancy neither targetting anything fancy, it was just a very basic test to seek out a design direction)
King of the Idrillian Kingdom ; My new BP thread ; My old BP thread ; my To-Do on Trello.

[Image: ftdforum-450x100.png]

Messages In This Thread
Tips and Tricks For A Noob - by CarcassEater - 2019-11-25, 10:12 PM
RE: Tips and Tricks For A Noob - by dobelong - 2019-11-28, 04:42 AM
RE: Tips and Tricks For A Noob - by CarcassEater - 2019-11-29, 06:52 PM
RE: Tips and Tricks For A Noob - by Skyer - 2019-11-29, 09:20 PM
RE: Tips and Tricks For A Noob - by CarcassEater - 2019-11-30, 12:10 AM
RE: Tips and Tricks For A Noob - by UnderTrack - 2019-11-29, 09:22 PM
RE: Tips and Tricks For A Noob - by CarcassEater - 2019-11-30, 12:12 AM
RE: Tips and Tricks For A Noob - by UnderTrack - 2019-11-30, 12:56 AM
RE: Tips and Tricks For A Noob - by Pyrotech51 - 2019-11-29, 09:22 PM
RE: Tips and Tricks For A Noob - by CarcassEater - 2019-11-30, 12:24 AM