Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

APS Testing - Proof of Concept - GP only (no rail) HP and APHE sibling turrets

I haven't noticed anything strange with these particular turrets, since each gun within a turret fires in sync, and I haven't been keeping time between shots for these in particular. However I do think I know what you mean, I have a triple turret with guns with different autoloader-clip ratios, which start out in sync for the first two shots, but on the third shot the central gun fires a good half second before the rest.

Pretty sure has to do with the individual loaders' loading cycles not having the same length, e.g. a 1 clip loader might take 3 seconds to reload where a 2 clip loader is ready every 2 seconds. The gun will average their fire rates and display an overall sustained RoF of 50 RPM but what will happen, assuming you have just enough to coolers to meet 50 RPM, is you will fire one shot, then another in 1.2 seconds, then another in 1.2s, but on your third shot you'll have to wait 1.8s, and while your other loader might be ready for the next shot 0.2 seconds later you'll still have to wait 1.2 for your barrel to cool.

Messages In This Thread
RE: APS Testing - Proof of Concept - GP only (no rail) HP and APHE sibling turrets - by Eon - 2019-10-24, 04:32 PM