Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some concerns of an FTD veteran.

I love the game and I have been playing since about the same time as when APS was made stable.  I have beaten QFN campaign twice and if you check my steam profile you can see I have nearly 10k hours invested in FTD.  I am so passionate about this game it has inspired me to stream it on youtube to share my knowledge and experience with other players.  With all that said I have some concerns as to the state of things with the game.  

1.  The constant roll out of patches breaking designs and potentially alienating other players.  Because let's be honest after you spent a few days or weeks or months or quite possibly years on a single design only to have it broken by a patch would be devastating to some.

2. Pandering to casual gamers.  This is a concern that I have had since they merged all the resource types into one and that is the dumbing down of FTD.  There are some proposed changes that further alarms me as well.  The best part of from the depths for me is its complexity.  I say that because I feel the complexity makes us a better community as a whole because it forces us to seek out advice on our builds and I feel that this interdependence on the whole makes the community stronger.  If people want a quicker easier experience its perfectly accessible by adjusting the difficulty sliders.

I would be curious to.know.if there are others whom have similar concerns as my own.

Messages In This Thread
Some concerns of an FTD veteran. - by Damaddok82 - 2019-08-10, 05:09 PM
RE: Some concerns of an FTD veteran. - by mrvecz - 2019-08-10, 07:28 PM
RE: Some concerns of an FTD veteran. - by draba - 2019-08-10, 08:30 PM
RE: Some concerns of an FTD veteran. - by mrvecz - 2019-08-10, 09:38 PM
RE: Some concerns of an FTD veteran. - by Skyer - 2019-08-11, 10:09 AM
RE: Some concerns of an FTD veteran. - by draba - 2019-08-11, 10:51 AM
RE: Some concerns of an FTD veteran. - by mrvecz - 2019-08-11, 11:07 AM
RE: Some concerns of an FTD veteran. - by draba - 2019-08-11, 12:21 PM
RE: Some concerns of an FTD veteran. - by Gladyon - 2019-08-13, 09:23 AM