Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What are your favorite fleet colors?

After sitting in the designer for half an hour trying to figure out which colors I best liked on my designs, I figured why not ask what everyone’s else’s likes?
"Those whose memories fade seek to carve them in their hearts."

I use a Dark blue color most of the time as primary, secondary is a color that makes alloy look the same as metal (with the color) Detail and trim is Dark green and Dark Red

Out of the FtD community Id guess Monklizard is a good man to ask. (His immagination seems to be absolutely limitless and his designs all look very nice.)
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

I've primarily used one color scheme for the past four years--desaturated blue primary, desaturated red highlights, and black trim, as in my profile picture. My advice for making colorful (e.g. far from gray) color schemes not too garish:
- Never use exact primary/secondary hues--rotate at least slightly.
- Desaturate somewhat--(i.e. shift the color toward gray, with no RGB value at 0). Fully saturated colors look unnatural.
- Don't use more than about 70% opacity--you don't want to completely mask the block's textures, as again perfectly flat surfaces look unnatural.
- Choose harmonic colors with a calculator such as https://www.sessions.edu/color-calculator/. My red/blue are split complementary, which I find creates a distinct but not overwhelming contrast.

So my advice would be:
1) Play around with a color picker and find a color you like, ensuring it is somewhat off-primary and desaturated.
2) Enter it into the harmony calculator and look through the harmonies for one with one or two other colors you like. If you don't like the others, rotate the original hue somewhat and repeat.
Allr andask.

I've used a light grey-blue primary, white secondary, and dark blue trim for ages now and I love it. Also copper for decks.