Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PVP mode in FTD

Hello. I was wanting to setup a game with a friend earlier with them being on an enemy team so we could engage in battles against each other, is there a way to do this in campaign?

In the Coop campaign? I'm not sure, but I don't think there is.

It might not work, but if you put enemy simulators on each others vehicles or something?
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea -> Check it out here!

[Image: 32DA9A8EECC76926A3CDAA803283F5FCC3314BBA]

PVP campaign Is very unlikely to ever appear.
Reasons for that is
a) that Multiplayer isn't that much in the focus (At this moment at least)
b) It would require a lot of changes of how in play out off play and things would work and basically make it turn based mostly.

Sorry to disappoint you.

(It might be possible to do something with the world editor atm, but don't take my word for it)
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

Well, a PvP campaign is impossible because only one faction can be in-play at a time (This breaks down the very core of the campaign mechanics). But if you want a simple battle with 0 logistics, 0 strategies then you can open the editor, create a MP instance with two teams hostile to each other and then pre-place all your ships and your friend one's. So when you will play it (He has to own the same exact copy of the world planet where the edit happened, because the game doesnt download it automatically like in other games ) then when you join up, pick the right teams and hit start then the battle will start, both armies will spawn at once and you are good to go.

Quite inconvenient isnt it ? You could also in theory just slap enemy simulator modules and time them so after 120 s all of your ships will turn hostile to your friend. That would be easier and applicable in vanilla MP maps and you wont need skills in the editor.
But PvP campaign with all its features, yeah, its most likely that will never happen.