Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2.4.6 [dev test]

A'ight, running smooth, nice FPS increase, very well done Smile

But can we please have changelogs for all subsequent patches and hotfixes? Like the ones from yesterday and today, that'd be great.
Pursue happyness with diligence
-Mastodon

Notsure this is the place to drop this, but...

I'm just back to the came after a pause due to job (being far away from an internet connexion, that is) and discovered those new updates.  While the new PID system roxxx, I have a few issues with the 2.4.x:
- radar and sonar decoys simply don't seem to work. Whatever the sive (even big one), torpedoes and missiles just ignore them. Same goes for sonar and radar buoys.
- radar missile, has we speak of it, systematically head for the biggest target, even it is behind them and a smaller one stand right in front of them; irritating when you hope them to deal with the flock of mosquitoes dropped by a carrier. This is a behaviour that wasn't observed before.
- rudder blades don't seem to respond anymore to the complex controller, only vehicle controler; that's a pity as you lose the player-defined control over other subsystems (complex and vehiclo controller can't seem to be used at the same time).

Just dropping here a blueprint of a ship I'm working on, to see if somebondy else has the same issues; it was first build before 2.4.x era, so it might be the reason (or part of it, at least).

Attached Files
.blueprint   Projet LAC - V25.blueprint (Size: 554.48 KB / Downloads: 4)
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

(2019-06-15, 06:07 PM)BlitzkriegBob Wrote: - radar and sonar decoys simply don't seem to work. Whatever the sive (even big one), torpedoes and missiles just ignore them. Same goes for sonar and radar buoys.
They do work. Your ship's side sonar signature is ~6000, a single S/M/L decoy missile component is 100/1000/10000.
You need at least an M missile with 3-4 of them at a good angle, or a single L one. Note that enemy missiles can sacrifice a warhead to get signal processors that reduce the strength of decoy components.
Attached your ship with some sonar defense as a demo.

(2019-06-15, 06:07 PM)BlitzkriegBob Wrote: - radar missile, has we speak of it, systematically head for the biggest target, even it is behind them and a smaller one stand right in front of them; irritating when you hope them to deal with the flock of mosquitoes dropped by a carrier. This is a behaviour that wasn't observed before.
Old IR/radar missiles treated all things within 100% detection range as completely equal, new one favors stronger signals.
That's intended, switch to IR/laser/remote if you want to prioritize fighters.

Attached Files
.blueprint   test.blueprint (Size: 273.39 KB / Downloads: 4)

Thanks a lot, I will give it a good look. Should spare me some headache figuring out how new systems work! XD
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

Dev test has been updated with changes to the main menu, in game menus, and the way that the tutorial content works.

Still need to update the majority of the tutorial content itself, but the structure works pretty well now for moving between segments
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk