Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Custom Campaign Craft BP Dump

I remember the days when you would visit the forums and browse through various blueprints almost on a daily basis. Nowadays things are a bit more... dystopian around here so I thought I'd contribute for a change, with a good ol' fashioned BP dump of my updated stuff.

I have never fully completed the Neter campaign so I cannot say how these craft will perform against late-game opponents. At the moment I tinker around with custom campaigns whilst awaiting further development progress on FtD's campaign mode. No craft is outfitted with anti-laser defenses currently, and I tend to avoid the use of cheaty exploits that's more common in FtD's higher tiered built-in craft.

I may do another dump of all my structure/fortress stuff at a later time.

---Ships---

--Project11 PG  -  Sentinel-class corvette--

A smaller sized littoral patrol vessel designed to guard coastal regions and provide backup for land based installations. She is exclusively nuclear-powered and can therefore be stationed on border regions indefinitely without the need for fuel supply. Changing out the previously installed steam engine for RTGs did have a negative impact on shield power though.

She is outfitted with classic style anti-submarine weaponry and will switch over to an ASW mainframe if her current target is a submarine, this is meant for a custom campaign and may not be that effective against FtD's built-in submarines. Turreted missile launchers and good speed makes her an effective AA platform as well.

[Image: 001.jpg]

Controls:

U/J - Drive
H/K - Steering
Y/I - Strafe

Weapons:

2x 170mm main guns fitted to 1x turrets
8x Medium missiles
16x Small missiles fitted to 2x turrets
4x Medium torpedoes launched from rear-mounted turret
2x Depth charges
16x Hedgehog launchers (launched sideways)

Countermeasures:

2x LAMS
2x Medium flare and radar decoy launchers
2x Medium sonar decoy launchers
Lv. 3 Reflector shields

Blueprint:

.zip   Project11 PG.zip (Size: 46.68 KB / Downloads: 5)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Project3 CL  -  Ragnarok-class light cruiser--

A very early design that has seen many reworks and retrofits over time. She is still an effective ship and remains in service to this day. A replacement is planned though, and her days may be numbered. Power is provided by a conventional fuel engine whilst a steam engine provides power to shields when in combat.

Activating powerdown mode in combat will turn off shields and steam engine.

Controls:

U/J - Drive
H/K - Steering
Y/I - Strafe
Arrow keys Left/Right - Powerdown mode on/off

Weapons:

6x 293mm main guns fitted to 3x turrets
2x 89mm double-barrel AA turrets
4x Large missiles
16X Small missiles
6x Medium keel-launched torpedoes

Countermeasures:

4x 54mm triple-barrel CIWS turrets
2x LAMS
2x Medium flare and radar decoy launchers
1x Medium sonar decoy launchers
Lv. 10 Reflector shields

Blueprint:

.zip   Project3 CL.zip (Size: 58.53 KB / Downloads: 5)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Project7 TAVKR  -  Jotunheim-class aviation cruiser--

Basically a battlecruiser with aviation facilities, or "aircraft-carrying heavy missile cruiser" in full. She may not field as many aircraft as traditional carriers but, features a decent array of offensive weaponry as well as a payload of four Loki-U nuclear SLBMs. Combined with good armour and shielding, she is a capable combat warship even without an attached air wing. The ship is nuclear-powered with a steam engine providing power to shields when in combat, whilst a backup fuel generator provides additional power to batteries and LAMS.

Aircraft and SLBMs will automatically dock/stay docked when not in combat. Activating powerdown mode in combat will turn off shields, steam engine and fuel generator.

[Image: 002.jpg]
[Image: 003.jpg]
[Image: 004.jpg]

Controls:

U/J - Drive
H/K - Steering
Y/I - Strafe
Arrow key Up - Launch nuclear strike
Arrow key Down - Launch aircraft

Weapons:

8x 348mm main guns fitted to 4x turrets
4x 95mm quad-barrel AA turrets
6x Large missiles
12x Medium missiles
16x Small missiles
8x Medium keel-launched torpedoes
4x Nuclear SLBM

Countermeasures:

4x 54mm six-barrel CIWS turrets
4x LAMS
4x Medium flare and radar decoy launchers
Lv. 10 Reflector shields

Aircraft:

4x SF-5 Valkyrie strike fighters

Blueprint:

.zip   Project7 TAVKR.zip (Size: 148.31 KB / Downloads: 3)

--Project14 BB - Svartalfheim-class battleship--

A large warship with a wide array of weaponry of different calibres and types, her 500mm main guns packs quite a punch and she can therefore be regarded as a "battleship" proper. The ship is nuclear-powered with a steam engine providing power to shields when in combat, whilst a backup fuel generator provides additional power to batteries and LAMS.

Activating powerdown mode in combat will turn off shields, steam engine and fuel generator.

Controls:

U/J - Drive
H/K - Steering
Y/I - Strafe

Weapons:

9x 500mm main guns fitted to 3x turrets
6x 174mm dual-barrel secondary turrets
4x 95mm quad-barrel AA turrets
8x Dual autocannon turrets
6x Large missiles
12x Medium missiles
8x Small missiles
6x Medium keel-launched torpedoes

Countermeasures:

4x 54mm six-barrel CIWS turrets
6x LAMS
4x Medium flare and radar decoy launchers
Lv. 10 Two-layer reflector shields

Blueprint:

.zip   Project14 BB.zip (Size: 102.69 KB / Downloads: 6)

--Project6 AK  -  Venturer-class cargo ship--

A medium and relatively cheap civilian cargo vessel with decent cargo space, the most common craft for transporting materials between offshore resource platforms and coastal production facilities. A blueprint spawner and repair tentacles allow the ship to be used for construction purposes as well.

Controls:

U/J - Drive
H/K - Steering
Arrow keys Up/Down - Open/close cargo bay

Blueprint:

.zip   Project6 AK.zip (Size: 35.48 KB / Downloads: 5)

TBC

---Submarines--

--Project16 SSBN  -  Vanaheim-class ballistic missile submarine--

A complete redesign of an older prototype, transformed from a light patrol submarine into a large nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine equipped with three Loki-U nuclear SLBMs. She is powered entirely by RTGs, granting unlimited range at the cost of increased structure heat. Additional battlefield intel is provided by 3x sonar buoys and 3x radar buoys whilst onboard detection equipment remains passive only. Whilst still viable for patrol duty thanks to unlimited range, she is slower, much larger and vastly more expensive than the previous Vanaheim prototype. A new patrol submarine to fill the gap is planned as a result.

The submarine is entirely covered in rubber even though the effects of rubber for avoiding detection in FtD is questionable. This was done in the hope that material type may one day have a more meaningful effect on stealth capability, if it doesn't have already.

Controls:

T/G - Drive
U/J - Pitch
H/K - Steering
Y - Full stop
Hold O/L - Blow/flood ballast tanks
Arrow key Up - Launch nuclear strike

Weapons:

4x Large missiles
16x Small missiles
2x Large torpedoes
4x Medium torpedoes
3x Nuclear SLBM

Countermeasures:

2x Decoy torpedoes

Blueprint:

.zip   Project16 SSBN.zip (Size: 65.95 KB / Downloads: 3)

---Aircraft---

--Project5 FA  -  SF-5 Valkyrie strike fighter--

A carrier-based strike fighter of traditional design and powered by a single jet engine. It is a bit old-school, being equipped with guns at the expense of broader missile loadout. The aircraft requires a runway to operate effectively, preferrably a rubber-lined runway to avoid taking damage on takeoff.

Controls:

T/G - Drive
U/J - Pitch
H/K - Roll
Y/I - Yaw

Weapons:

2x 63mm triple-barrel guns
2x Medium missiles
8x Small missiles

Countermeasures:

2x Medium flare/radar decoy launcher

Blueprint:

.zip   Project5 FA.zip (Size: 32.67 KB / Downloads: 2)

--Project10 SB  -  SB-10 Mjolnir orbital bomber--

The Mjolnir is a rather confused craft, it's a spaceplane but it really wants to be a strategic bomber, the result is a classic level bomber that drops it's payload from the safest possible altitude - space. It is made to look like a plane but, it's actually just a VTOL spacecraft. It can be particularly deadly against certain naval targets thanks to it's loadout of large guided magnetic bombs but, can also be vulnerable to attack from other interceptor spacecraft due to lack of defensive weaponry and topside shielding.

Controls:

T/G - Drive
U/J - Pitch
H/K - Roll
Y/I - Yaw
O/L - VTOL Up/Down

Weapons:

12x Large bombs

Countermeasures:

4x Medium flare/radar decoy launcher
Lv. 8 Reflector shields

Blueprint:

.zip   Project10 SB.zip (Size: 36.65 KB / Downloads: 2)

--Project8 AH  -  AH-8 Gungnir--

An attack helicopter of smaller size designed to be stationed on land installations as well as naval units. It was initially built as a prototype to test the viability of a possible future helicopter carrier. It is a bit of a cheaty design, making use of an internal, hidden dediblade spinner for forward thrust. This decision was taken due to the complexity and troublesome nature of designing and configuring a system for cyclic pitch and yaw on helicopters in FtD.

T/G - Drive
U/J - Pitch
H/K - Yaw
Y/I - Roll
O/L - VTOL Up/Down

Weapons: 1x 80mm triple-barrel gun
2x Medium missiles
8x Small missiles

Countermeasures:

4x Small flare/radar decoy launcher

Blueprint:

.zip   Project8 AH.zip (Size: 30.29 KB / Downloads: 2)

--Project15 A  -  A-15 Sol airfreighter--

A conventional civilian cargo aircraft typically used to transport materials overland or between areas less accessible to ocean-going craft.

Controls:

T/G - Drive
U/J - Pitch
H/K - Roll
Y/I - Yaw

Blueprint:

.zip   Project15 A.zip (Size: 36.5 KB / Downloads: 3)

--Project15 A AWACS  -  A-15 Sol AWACS--

An AEW&C conversion of the A-15 Sol cargo aircraft. It is fitted with a large strategic radar dish, visual and radar detection equipment and a jammer for added protection. Although unarmed, it can still be used in combat for relaying intel to combat craft whilst circling the battlefield at range, but it's main purpose remain non-combat border observation and intel gathering. The aircraft has proven useful as an observation platform for long-range nuclear strikes on enemy installations and fortresses.

Controls:

T/G - Drive
U/J - Pitch
H/K - Roll
Y/I - Yaw

Blueprint:

.zip   Project15 A AWACS.zip (Size: 39.69 KB / Downloads: 3)

---Drones/Missiles---

--Loki-U SLBM--

A sea-launched variant of the original Loki nuclear ICBM meant for use on submarines. It is also safer than the original Loki thanks to a proximity detonator instead of the previous damage-based one. An RTG-based power source gives it unlimited range but, it is more expensive than the original Loki as a result. Technically a guided/directed cruise missile and not a "ballistic" one. It does make use of an exploit as a guidance system since no other viable alternative exist, the guidance system will activate when the target is within 800m.

Due to the Loki-U's improved performance, it has replaced all former Loki ICBM models on naval vessels as well as land-based installations.

Blueprint:

.zip   Loki_U SLBM.zip (Size: 28.04 KB / Downloads: 2)

I remember these!!!!!

I'm pretty sure i've got both your carrier and the nuclear sub squirreled away in my BP Download files, i'll have to play them again to see how the nuke/explosion and missile changes have worked out!  A few comments:

-have you tried using the carrier fighters with large missiles?  i've had a theory for a while that the missile update would make carriers viable, since what they really lacked in the past was a small weapon that could do CRAM level burst damage.  i'd be interested to see what a few heavy bombs or rockets could do.  Similarly, it might be interesting to see what a version of the carrier that exchanged the nuke bay for a VLS cell loaded with Large cruise missiles.

-On the helicopter, I feel your pain.  with the spin-block changes an actual functioning articulated rotor system might actually be possible, but I shudder to think how hard it would be to tune.  I actually did make an attack helo before that operated solely with the main rotor, but it was horribly slow, any faster and it had severe pitch issues since it was tilting the entire rotor disk, not the blades.  I ended up attaching jets to the rear so that it would actually perform decently in battle.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

Very nice looking craft! Smile

I find you that you tell the amount of weapons on ships a bit strangely though "9x 500mm main guns fitted to 3x turrets" - Usually you say that it has "3x 500mm ACCs x3" or "3 triple 500mm cannons"
yours works fine, just sounds a bit strange Wink
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

(2019-06-02, 01:39 AM)Lincrono Wrote: -have you tried using the carrier fighters with large missiles?  i've had a theory for a while that the missile update would make carriers viable, since what they really lacked in the past was a small weapon that could do CRAM level burst damage.  i'd be interested to see what a few heavy bombs or rockets could do.

Large bombs are quite deadly! I use them on the bomber and thought about using rail-launched ones on the fighters too. I might as well give it a go.

(2019-06-02, 01:39 AM)Lincrono Wrote: Similarly, it might be interesting to see what a version of the carrier that exchanged the nuke bay for a VLS cell loaded with Large cruise missiles.

Actually, the missile update made nukes obsolete. The six large missiles already do as much damage than the nukes do per salvo, if not more. But I still like using subvehicle-type weapons and hope the viability of using nukes will improve in future updates. Large missiles are expensive though, they cost around 3000 ammo per reload.

(2019-06-02, 08:51 AM)Skyer Wrote: I find you that you tell the amount of weapons on ships a bit strangely though "9x 500mm main guns fitted to 3x turrets" -  Usually you say that it has "3x 500mm ACCs x3" or "3 triple 500mm cannons"
yours works fine, just sounds a bit strange Wink

Yeah, I guess it can sound a bit confusing. I name it as such because they're 9x individual guns instead of 3x triple-barreled ones. Three individual guns per turret basically.