Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Keeping large injector engines cool.

Question 
I have one particular question: How do you keep large-scale injector engines cool?
So, here's a little backstory:
I was messing around with project tokamak (my laser armed battlecruiser) and decided to test fire it. I've tried with 3Q and 4Q lasers. With 4Q, it immediately overheated. 3Q, it ran for a bit before overheating as well. These engines were similar to the Iron Cordon in terms of their engine layout, and actually had more exhaust ventilation. I've tried many things, and nothing seems to work. I'VE EVEN REDONE THE ENTIRE EXHAUST SYSTEM, and it still isn't working. May I have some feedback and stuff on this topic? Tyvm. (Also, i had tested it with just 1 laser combiner and it ran fine on 3Q.)
(EDIT: I've redone the engines, and it seems to be working better now. However, it still runs into the occasional overheat problem.)
(Another thing: Is it a bug that when my engines overheat all of my fuel dissapears?)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you add a radiator or two?

(2019-05-31, 08:03 AM)CrimeanChimera Wrote: Did you add a radiator or two?

Yes, I've tried adding many radiators.

Injector engines, from What I had noticed, need more than 1 exhaust per cylinder, replacing one injector for a carburetor and adding a Turbocharger might be an option to increase fuel efficiency and thus create less heat
I'm by far not an expert for fuel engines though.

Also, Make 100% sure that the pipes aren't obstructed By anything and it doesn't say that exhaust pipes are blocked.
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

(2019-05-31, 12:25 PM)Skyer Wrote: Injector engines, from What I had noticed, need more than 1 exhaust per cylinder, replacing one injector for a carburetor and adding a Turbocharger might be an option to increase fuel efficiency and thus create less heat

Also, Make 100% sure that the pipes aren't obstructed By anything and it doesn't say that exhaust pipes are blocked.

Mk, i'll redo the entire engine system. Exhausts weren't blocked btw.
Thanks, space1724.

(2019-05-31, 09:59 PM)space1724 Wrote:
(2019-05-31, 12:25 PM)Skyer Wrote: Injector engines, from What I had noticed, need more than 1 exhaust per cylinder, replacing one injector for a carburetor and adding a Turbocharger might be an option to increase fuel efficiency and thus create less heat

Thanks, space1724.

Can you post the engine?  large scale injectors all tend to follow the same basic layout.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

(2019-05-31, 10:19 PM)Lincrono Wrote:
(2019-05-31, 09:59 PM)space1724 Wrote:

Thanks, space1724.

Can you post the engine?  large scale injectors all tend to follow the same basic layout.

Also, here are the updated engines. Old engines are on the post's thumbnails.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)