Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Point at AI routine issue

So i like the idea of the point at AI routine but when the vehicle gets to close it turns and fly's away instead of using reverse to back away. Is this expected?

For context i'm using six axis as an additional routine and have a basic hover layout with jet engines facing in all directions providing balanced thrust to all directions.

Set the "Look ahead distance" high. (It's in the maneuver tab of the AI, if I remember right)
This fixed it for me.
Some may know me as the most boring, consistent person on the planet, others as the most irritating erratic.
If you can't make sense of my sentence structuring, don't worry. Me neither. Language and I are at odds sometimes.

(2019-05-19, 06:48 AM)kitsushadow Wrote: So i like the idea of the point at AI routine but when the vehicle gets to close it turns and fly's away instead of using reverse to back away. Is this expected?

For context i'm using six axis as an additional routine and have a basic hover layout with jet engines facing in all directions providing balanced thrust to all directions.

I only use the sixaxis routine as primary routine for my helicopters and then set the "look ahead distance" (I think it's called that) to around 70. They fly around normally but, once engaged in combat, they keep pointing at the enemy and backtrack to keep distance.

I do not use the "point at" routine at all. Behaviour is ordinary aeroplane behaviour if I remember correctly.

(2019-05-20, 10:54 AM)CrimeanChimera Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 06:48 AM)kitsushadow Wrote: So i like the idea of the point at AI routine but when the vehicle gets to close it turns and fly's away instead of using reverse to back away. Is this expected?

I only use the sixaxis routine as primary routine for my helicopters and then set the "look ahead distance" (I think it's called that) to around 70. They fly around normally but, once engaged in combat, they keep pointing at the enemy and backtrack to keep distance.

I do not use the "point at" routine at all. Behaviour is ordinary aeroplane behaviour if I remember correctly.

Interesting, i'll have to try that out.
Thanks

(2019-05-20, 01:27 PM)kitsushadow Wrote:
(2019-05-20, 10:54 AM)CrimeanChimera Wrote:

Interesting, i'll have to try that out.
Thanks

No probs, but I have it wrong. Did a quick double-check on a chopper of mine.

Behaviour routine is indeed "point at and maintain distance" and manoeuvre routine is "six axis".

Point at is set to 750m distance and look level at target. Six axis is set to look ahead 75m.

I got behaviour and manoeuvre mixed up. Sorry for wrong info.