Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some one please just help with AI

Please. For the love of god just help.
What in the world. I have my old ships with the automatically converted AI. They have all the wrong settings but worst of all, they just move around when NO ENEMY is around. They just move for no reason! And it's AI because when I turn off AI, it stops moving.
After awhile I tried setting PIDs to none for my new carrier conversion. But it decides that it won't control thrust AT ALL instead.

On my ships that I didn't touch, they keep moving for no reason and obviously with all the wrong AI settings.
Some ships I did change the setting but kept PIDs, they all act inconsistently. One of my old DDG works seemingly fine other than the fact it moves when no enemy is around. My smaller patrol vessels doesn't move but rudders turn the ship. Another only moves when enemy goes too close to maintain range. But otherwise just sits around doing nothing.

It's been awhile and after several updates and this stuff still happens. Is this a feature or a bug? At this point I can't freaking tell. Am I doing something wrong? Is AI even ready? Is it fixed? Is there a guide?! I want to at least know wtf is going on. I searched around to see to see if people got suggestions. That's when I found the PID solution, but now my carrier doesn't move AT ALL other than turn its rudder.
Just tell me its bugged, and I will leave the game for awhile until its fixed. If its a feature, tell me how any of this even work, because clearly the setting is saying one thing but its doing something else.

At this point i'm just going to use ACB for AI instead of using the default AI.
[Image: fvn8BOX.gif] [Image: RFSgkaw.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Some one please just help with AI - by afjklol - 2019-05-09, 04:05 AM