Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New missile mechanics

Would you like to see a wireless missile connection system- just like the AI wireless system, where a missile controller can connect to remotely placed missile components?

This would help fighters lose a lot of complexity on their wings, and I don't think it really breaks any of the meta physics of the game.

What are your thoughts?
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

I'm not sure I understand, remote guidance already exists, are you talking about moving things like APN guidance and target prediction to blocks like IFF?
I think I understand, wireless connection blocks to go from missile controller to launchpad, so long as the wireless systems are sufficiently expensive, (to promote local controller placement), this sounds like a neat idea.
Builds things*
*Quality Varies

I like the idea, a 1block" MissileWeaponControler With Wireless receiver" would also be nice, to not make random strange looking receiver antenas everywhere on wing mounted missiles (That Weapon controler can only be used for missiles)
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

I like the idea a lot.
Even giving all launchpads a builtin wireless connection with a channel wouldn't be too much IMO, just makes it a bit too hard to see what connects where.

I wonder why LWC is able to control only 12 blocks in 2 radius while ACB fire any weapon in the vehicle.

(2019-05-04, 09:31 PM)draba Wrote: I like the idea a lot.
Even giving all launchpads a builtin wireless connection with a channel wouldn't be too much IMO, just makes it a bit too hard to see what connects where.

I think putting it in the launchpad has a technical problem of the launchpad not being able to "spread" back to connectors- so it might be easier to have a wireless receiver component that could be placed on a connector (and thus attach all connected launch pads and auxiliary blocks) or placed on a launch pad to just connect a single missile
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

If it means I will be able to put my LWCs and missile controllers inside the aircraft, with the missile connectors and attached launchpads in the wings connected wirelessly to the missile controller, then yes, it would help a lot.

It can be tricky to fit everything into the wings sometimes, especially since you have to place a LWC close to the missile controller as well, not to mention IFF and staggered fire blocks.

If it is just the controller and the LWC that can link then it's benefit is limited but if the missile controller, IFF and stagger fire all go together and all of that then gets linked to the remote systems then it will save a few blocks. If the receiver had multiple faces it could be mounted on a wing and then a rail attached directly to it allowing for very compact weapons.