Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

What I'm working on this weekend (26th April 2019)

Updating the HUD to use a common set of styles across all elements, that ties in with the rest of the new UI, and is customisable by the player (which is the case with the rest of the UI). Importantly, the new HUD will also not use the scaling system of the old HUD which will mean it will appear crisp at all resolutions and not massive when displayed on a huge monitor.

Will post pictures as it progresses, wish me luck!
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

Does this also include giving the UI a defining, thematic style, for example a steel rim or cogwheels in the corner or something like that?

Even if not, good luck Wink
Some may know me as the most boring, consistent person on the planet, others as the most irritating erratic.
If you can't make sense of my sentence structuring, don't worry. Me neither. Language and I are at odds sometimes.

I love how active the forum is again :3
Good luck and thx for keeping us up to date Big Grin

Progress so far-
Uses a consistent set of styles across the entire HUD (except for that pesky build mode button saying "Free Paint" that needs to be done!)
still need to actually change the style so that it looks more pleasant, probably by fading the right edge of the boxes into transparency.
And still need to make sure that it scales to all font sizes and element sizes correctly
Finally, I need to make icons for all the blocks and weapons so that the toolbar can use pictures where possible.

Once the HUD is updated to look consistent, the major work will start- this will be the addition of a new button press (probably a middle mouse click) that will release the mouse cursor and allow you to actually inspect and click on the HUD elements. The main HUD and the building HUD will be populated with loads of useful clickable stuff in this mode. I think this will be a true revolution in FTD because currently it's major flaw from a UI perspective is that there are tonnes of commands to give and no mouse to give them with.

[Image: 8fcuD30.jpg]

[Image: mhw0UFP.jpg]
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

Looks way modern and more sleek.
If it will be customizable, does it include custom HUD colours ?

(2019-04-26, 11:56 AM)mrvecz Wrote: Looks way modern and more sleek.
If it will be customizable, does it include custom HUD colours ?

Yeah it is all customisable (sizes, fonts, colors, paddings, margins, etc)

ya, looks modern. Only by changing UI whole of the game will looks like sophisticated.

Now some UI shows too may english words enough to cover the screen.
I use 1600x900 window but I cannot see the building cursor when steam engine propeller UI is shown.
If I changed font size, then it would be hard to read texts.
In addition, some setting UI such as ACB opens two windows but actually it is impossible to show them in the same time without breaking layout.
I hope you know this issue and has Smart idea.

[Image: zHEsia3.jpg]

Looks good and surely will help new and returning players to get to grasps with the game without getting flattened by a wall of text every time they want to place a different block.
What does the colour-coding of green and blue mean though? Can't see any obvious similarities between the highlighted buttons.
Some may know me as the most boring, consistent person on the planet, others as the most irritating erratic.
If you can't make sense of my sentence structuring, don't worry. Me neither. Language and I are at odds sometimes.

Is the lack of textures a glitch? I hope not since a lot of blocks will look the same.

I don't know how hard it would be to make a search bar but it would be nice, before i learned where all of the blocks were i would sometimes get confused as to where something was.
Also extended slopes? did you leave your mods on Tongue
[Image: eeeeeeeeeee.PNG]