Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

AI dev test video

Video uploading now to https://youtu.be/lTJWQiDY47w as an unlisted video

It's a video of me showing off some of the features of the new AI system... hopefully a couple of tips and tricks in there for you. I get stumped by some bugs and will get those fixed ASAP.

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/lTJWQiDY47w[/video]
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

okay it's up now https://youtu.be/lTJWQiDY47w
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

Seems youtube downscaled to 360p only, but it was still pretty informative. The new adjustment section looks great.

For breadboards, perhaps add the ability to click and drag the modules\nodes where you want them rather than selecting and right clicking. I think it might be more intuitive, as well as requiring one less click.
quick edit: Poked at a breadboard really quick, and noticed you can add more outputs to a module. I would recommend just allowing an output to connect to any number of inputs, since that way you don't run into problems once you go past 4 outputs (if that is ever useful?).

The ai breadboard looks awesome; I was experimenting the other day with an in-combat adjustable hover height, which I'd never done before, and had a hard time figuring out how to set it up. I ended up just mapping 4 ACBs to change a GP PID's set point based on the tertiary drive %. With the new system it looks like you can just grab the drive % and go right to the pid's set point with a few math modules inbetween for max\min.

Do the PIDs in the breadboard need a block? I noticed the AI still needs a PID block for each axis, but how does that work with the breadboard? Also if they don't have their own block, can they see the pid graph anywhere? That would be a good thing to add in next to the controls on the breadboard, if possible.

Very interesting video. 360p is a bit low though and makes the breadboard unreadable.
But besides that, it gives me hope that even I, one day, could build a functioning hovercraft Smile
Jokes aside, the breadboard looks really useful and worthy of more attention, even though it is more for the hardcore guys.
I applaud that you flesh out the system with more features while giving all groups of players tools that they can use.
Looking forward to more videos.
Some may know me as the most boring, consistent person on the planet, others as the most irritating erratic.
If you can't make sense of my sentence structuring, don't worry. Me neither. Language and I are at odds sometimes.

It's full quality now Smile

A million thanks :: I had no experience with breadboard and had no idea how to use it, although pretty much all my ships would find it super useful, this helped so much!!

Great video and very informative