Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

AI Breadboard box

so today I will be adding a new breadboard block called the AI breadboard which will have some AI specific modules to allow you to adjust the selected behaviour based on information about the target. This will also involve some more modules for the non AI breadboard (because obviously they share a lot of stuff). Hopefully this is something that is of interest, let me know in this thread Smile

it will also allow adjustments to the (currenty dev test only) Adjuster module, and the enabling and disabling of weapons etc.

It'll be the first real use of the breadboard in anger so I hope you get used to the concepts as they develop, as I think it will be awesome.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

Will there be any pre-made settings ? Because if i would be a new player, stuff like would be a dark magic for me.
We have the old AI subrutines as premades already but i am sure your henchmen could create more. Like basic evasive manoeuvres when detecting missiles for fighters and things like that.

(2019-04-17, 01:38 PM)mrvecz Wrote: Will there be any pre-made settings ? Because if i would be a new player, stuff like would be a dark magic for me.
We have the old AI subrutines as premades already but i am sure your henchmen could create more. Like basic evasive manoeuvres when detecting missiles for fighters and things like that.

Yeah there could be basic settings, but this block is not really for new players, it is for automatically switching between combat routines, which is something the player is perfectly capable already of doing using the 'C' user interface.

The dev test has 3 or 4 new subroutines, and there is a missile evasion "additional" component already in game (working more on that today).
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk