Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Answer all three questions please
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am aware you can resize and move the windows
27.08%
13 27.08%
I was not aware of the above
8.33%
4 8.33%
I am aware I can recolor and resize the new UI in the options
16.67%
8 16.67%
I was not aware of the above
16.67%
8 16.67%
I am content to see more UIs move to the new style
25.00%
12 25.00%
I do not agree with the above
6.25%
3 6.25%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New UI

(2019-04-16, 04:39 PM)Nick Smart Wrote: I have this idea that a button press on the UI (next to the X to close), or a key press, perhaps, could "hide the current UI" and when you next press escape the hidden UI pops back up.

This would make it easier to fiddle with something like AI or a PID and then inspect the vehicle and then go back to the same UI.

Do you like this idea?
Does it give you any other good ideas?

I've incorporated a lot of the feedback from this thread into the latest dev tests, more to come, and it'll be in stable soon.

Either that or let us move the camera while the UI is open. Both approaches could be very helpful when setting friring constraints.
Some may know me as the most boring, consistent person on the planet, others as the most irritating erratic.
If you can't make sense of my sentence structuring, don't worry. Me neither. Language and I are at odds sometimes.

A few suggestions:

When you have an input box selected, don't open a chat window when you press enter. I keep getting burned by this when setting values, because I keep hitting enter to apply them, and it always opens up the chat window. Super annoying.

At some point (I think when it switched to the new UI?) we ended up with what I believe apple calls "natural scrolling" for scrollbars where scrolling up \ down is the reverse of what I'm used to. It would be nice to have an option to toggle this behavior.

(2019-04-16, 11:43 PM)vyrus Wrote: A few suggestions:

When you have an input box selected, don't open a chat window when you press enter. I keep getting burned by this when setting values, because I keep hitting enter to apply them, and it always opens up the chat window. Super annoying.

At some point (I think when it switched to the new UI?) we ended up with what I believe apple calls "natural scrolling" for scrollbars where scrolling up \ down is the reverse of what I'm used to. It would be nice to have an option to toggle this behavior.

Thanks that's a good point about the chat window.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

(2019-04-16, 11:43 PM)vyrus Wrote: A few suggestions:

Thanks that's a good point about the chat window.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk