Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I need help with my submarine

Hi im currently trying to recreate the german type 212a submarine but i encounter this problem:
Has anyone an idea how to fix it? Right now the submarine always drifts to the left side. Oh, and why does the horizontal rudder behave so strange compared to the vertical ones?

Can you post a blueprint so we can check whats wrong? Also describe what strange behaviors the tail plane is causing.
Some likely causes for any weird behaviors might be due to ACBs or AI settings. So check those first.
In addition, I see you have hydrofoils, try turning them off and see if they are interfering with the tail planes.
For the side drifting, check if all your aft thrusters have 'reverse' selected. Likewise make sure the forward bow thrusters are not in 'reverse' mode.
[Image: fvn8BOX.gif] [Image: RFSgkaw.gif]

(2019-02-26, 05:54 PM)afjklol Wrote: Can you post a blueprint so we can check whats wrong? Also describe what strange behaviors the tail plane is causing.
Some likely causes for any weird behaviors might be due to ACBs or AI settings. So check those first.
In addition, I see you have hydrofoils, try turning them off and see if they are interfering with the tail planes.
For the side drifting, check if all your aft thrusters have 'reverse' selected. Likewise make sure the forward bow thrusters are not in 'reverse' mode.
Thanks for your quick respond.
Here is the blueprint. The tailplanes are currently without function as i didnt find a way to control the lateral ones independently from the horizontal ones. However i would love to get this working: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbs_q7xnhDc

AI is currently not installed as i want to correct the strange behavior of the ship and bring the tail planes to function before adding ai.

Attached Files
.blueprint    Typ 212 A V5.blueprint (Size: 103.86 KB / Downloads: 7)

Well i found the source of the problem... Its the horizontal rudder. For some reason its producing a force that pulls my sub into a turn. I uploaded the recent changes to the sub as well. Mostly changes to the bow and i brought the big rudders into work. I also installed a decoy system.    

Attached Files
.blueprint    Typ 212 A V6.blueprint (Size: 128.48 KB / Downloads: 4)