Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

my boats and tanks :D

well, I have been playing this game for a while, and this is y first time posting on the forum. so here is some of my stuff:

all of the ships have heavy armor around the AI.
Jaguar destroyer:
destroyer for destroyer related stuff, such as anti sub. Mine has 100mm dual purpose guns, although AA capabilities is questionable unless massed. I currently field them in squadrons of 3.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=52711]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=52712]
armament:
4x2 100mm guns
2x5 torpedos
armor:
1 layer alloy everywhere, and some metal protecting the ammo stores and engine.
deck is 1 layer wood.

.blueprint   Jaguar destroyer.blueprint (Size: 189.28 KB / Downloads: 17)

Cyurapus cruiser:
heavy cruiser for general purpose batttles. I run them either in squads of 2-3 or 1 with a destroyer squad. 
[Image: attachment.php?aid=52713]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=52714]
armament:
2x3 260mm guns
6x2 100mm dual purpose guns.

armor:
1 layer ally for general plating, 
belt armor 1 metal and 1 alloy.
1 layer of wood for deck
bulkheads are wood.
shields also included

.blueprint   Cyurapus crusier.blueprint (Size: 483.1 KB / Downloads: 14)

Cyurapus cruiser mk2:
same as the original, but uparmored.

armament:
2x3 260mm guns
6x2 100mm dual purpose guns.
50mm sabot cwis(seems iffy, would be glad if someone takes a look at it)

armor:
1 layer ally for general plating,
 upper belt 1 alloy and 1 heavy armor
 lower belt 1 metal and 1 alloy.
1 layer reinforced wood for deck
bulkheads are wood.
shields also included

.blueprint   Cyurapus crusier MK2.blueprint (Size: 487.13 KB / Downloads: 13)

Armada battleship:
(warning, this is a abandoned build, so some of the configurations may not be optimal)
designed to do a specific job, field 2000m cannons and be protected against its own weapon, and be as stupidly expensive as possible.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=52716]

armament:
4x3 2000mm APHE cram cannons
14x2 100mm dual purpose guns
40mm ciwis
8 large missiles

.zip   Armada battleship.zip (Size: 89.49 KB / Downloads: 15)

armor:
bow plating 1 layer metal
stern plating 1 layer alloy
upper belt 1 metal, 2 heavy armor
lower belt 1 metal, 1 alloy, 1 heavy armor
central deck 1 wood, 1 metal
bow and stern deck 1 wood
also has LAMS system

armada battleship MK2:
I did not like how MK1 turn out(the nose is too big, and the superstructure feels off, and testing shows that the entire secondary battery could get destroyed in a salvo, and due to how the ammo is placed, stray shots from aimpoint targeting often goes into the turrets, dealing large amounts of damage. 
MK2 resolves most of that, and looks better except the nose still feels off for whatever reason, but otherwise mostly happy with the design.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=52717]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=52718]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=52719]
glorious scondaries

armament:
4x3 2000mm APHE cram cannons

18 x 2 100mm dual purpose guns
2x2 160mm guns
autocannons scattered across the decks.

armor:
upper belt 1 metal, 2 heavy armor
lower belt 1 metal, 1 heavy armor, 1 alloy
bow plating 1 metal
stern plating 1 alloy
central deck armor 1 reinforced wood, 1 metal
bow and stern deck 1 wood
has LAMS system and shielding on where it seems to get shot at the most.

.zip   armarda batttleship v2.zip (Size: 92.57 KB / Downloads: 13)

tips to improve on these boats are welcome Smile

update: Serenity heavy cruiser added

Serenity heavy cruiser:
During combat missions crews noted that the Cyurapus class cruiser suffered from a flaw, where a hit in the general vincinity of the turrets have a high chance of causing a catrostophic detonation. As a result, the head of military ordered the design bureau to design a new one where the cost is as close as possible to the old cyurapus cruiser. After many arguments on wheather it should have 4x3 or 3x3, it was eventually settled on a 3x3 design, which proved to be the right choice for a balance between firepower, armor and speed. 
[Image: attachment.php?aid=52831]

Armor:
3 metal armor belt
1 metal bow and stern section
1 wood, 1 metal central deck
1 wood stern and bow deck
Wood bulkheads.

Armaments:
3x3 250mm cannons

4x2 100mm DP mounts
1x35mm CWIS.

.blueprint   Serenity heavy crusier.blueprint (Size: 614.54 KB / Downloads: 9)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The only correct answer to the quetion “Dakka or Derp” is “yes”

I have now made a maus tank, enjoy
[Image: attachment.php?aid=52827]

armor:
frontal turret armor: 2  metal, 1 Heavy armor 1 glass
side turret armor: 1 metal 1 HA and partial wood spall liner
rear turret armor:1 metal
front hull armor: 1 metal, 1 HA, 1 wood
side hull armor: 2 metal
rear hull armor: 1 metal

armarent:
1x 300mm main gun firing HESH/HPAP, EMP proxy fuses
1x 100mm coaxial gun firing HEAT.
2x autocannons.

this unit is unique as to make it within the ATOE campaign volume limit, I have to divide the tank into a hull part and a turret part, joined together by a docking station

.blueprint   maus hull.blueprint (Size: 127.36 KB / Downloads: 8)
.blueprint   maus turret 2.blueprint (Size: 64.38 KB / Downloads: 10)

Tight ships! And welcome to the forum!

Have you played far into the campaign with these?
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea -> Check it out here!

[Image: 88AAC0598B7E00385C41259D384B95EE9CCBB447]

(2019-04-03, 12:40 PM)Carolus Magnus Wrote: Tight ships! And welcome to the forum!

Have you played far into the campaign with these?

yup.

in fact I have already obliterated DW and have crippled onyx watch where I can use them to farm recourses from their ships, and now starting on white flayers after I have farmed enough stuff to build a Armada, which is not exactly cheap in the first place(700 000ish) 

pic of armada firing upon a WF town.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=52833]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice going!

It's a clever idea actually to keep either the deepwater guard or onyx watch alive. You can get a nice little income free of charge by tanking up at their doorpost Big Grin

I like to do so, as a piece of advice, with seabottom fortress structures. Onyx Watch and deepwater guard generally have poor antisub and sonar equipment, so it's quit effective. Especially with the missile buff. I even made a little artwork of it.
[Image: 148984DEBAE6461686E5F9A4D2134CBBD162F38B]

The white flayers have a few tricks up their sleeve though. On one hand you've got all the smallbore machine gun spam and the ramming, which can cause hideous damage. On the other hand they also have some tough thrustercraft and battleships with very high damage output. I wish you best of luck with them.
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea -> Check it out here!

[Image: 88AAC0598B7E00385C41259D384B95EE9CCBB447]

(2019-04-03, 05:43 PM)Carolus Magnus Wrote: Nice going!

It's a clever idea actually to keep either the deepwater guard or onyx watch alive. You can get a nice little income free of charge by tanking up at their doorpost Big Grin

I like to do so, as a piece of advice, with seabottom fortress structures. Onyx Watch and deepwater guard generally have poor antisub and sonar equipment, so it's quit effective. Especially with the missile buff. I even made a little artwork of it.

The white flayers have a few tricks up their sleeve though. On one hand you've got all the smallbore machine gun spam and the ramming, which can cause hideous damage. On the other hand they also have some tough thrustercraft and battleships with very high damage output. I wish you best of luck with them.

Still better then lighting hoods, LH stuff moves at high speeds and initial testing in designer showed that even when fitted with smoke and shields set to laser asorb, only the Amanda has any chance of wining, even then it relied on the massive secondary batteries of the battleship, since carm cannons do not fare well vs fast stuff. Oherwise I have to enter the battle with a disproportionate large amount of ships and still expect heavy losses, meanwhile all of the current ships are shielded, so the small calibre spam is not much of an issue.

The good news is that the new crusier that I have just made is showing excellent promise during testing, it can put out enough shells at a high enough fire rate down range with HESH shells, could possibly look into combined HESH/HEAT.

May look into undersea fortifications when fighting LH eventually, but I still prefer cannnon vs cannon action so as of now I have turrets made from the Maus to serve as costal defence and to help farm OW with a farming fleet