Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shell type to counter shields

Hello. After starting the AoTE campaign to try and beat it, I came to the realization that just about every tank in the SE is equipped with dozens of impenetrable invisible barriers and not armor which kinda goes against the name "Steel Empire". There isn't much steel being used at all. Anyway I was wondering if there was an effective APS shell that can penetrate shields since all of my tanks are based on APS. I would hate to have to make a tank covered in shields to just have to wait half an hour for their batteries to run out.

(2019-02-03, 04:08 AM)Dominolan Wrote: Hello. After starting the  AoTE campaign to try and beat it, I came to the realization that just about every tank in the SE is equipped with dozens of impenetrable invisible barriers and not armor which kinda goes against the name "Steel Empire". There isn't much steel being used at all. Anyway I was wondering if there was an effective APS shell that can penetrate shields since all of my tanks are based on APS. I would hate to have to make a tank covered in shields to just have to wait half an hour for their batteries to run out.

Disurptors kill shields legitimately, but are poorly balanced and generally terrible in just about every way a shell can be (poor speed, accuracy, detectability, hp, and damage).

proximity fused EMP are basically disruptions that aren't terrible (can actually have shells with decent ballistics, that aren't huge LAMs magnets, and that don't have low damage reduced by 3 separate metrics).  This is, however, a soft-core exploit.

Frags are generally good against single layered shields, HEAT penetrates shields, HE tend to have enough radius to hit through shields.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.