Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"You have engine exhaust pipes that do not point out of the vehicle"

Should I pay attention to the "You have pipes etc" message? It seems like no matter what I do, if the pipe system is fairly long, I have pipes that do not point out of the vehicle, or at least, that's what the ui seems to think, even though the cylinders seem to disagree, saying that external venting is at 100%.
On my latest design, the Filthy Switt, I even made sure that all the bands around the pipes point the right way, only ever combining pipes even though splitting some of them would look so much better, only to find that I still have etc. I'll admit, I could have missed pipe that's still pointing the wrong way, but I'd rather not spend another hour searching for one pipe.
Please help.

Can you send the blueprint? The message can come for many reasons, including a turbo put in some remote place by mistake (or for decoration purpose), or a block obcuring some exhaust. If there is some trouble with exhaust, the cylinders and pipes will glow orange when in build mode.
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

(2019-01-27, 05:45 PM)BlitzkriegBob Wrote: Can you send the blueprint? The message can come for many reasons, including a turbo put in some remote place by mistake (or for decoration purpose), or a block obcuring some exhaust. If there is some trouble with exhaust, the cylinders and pipes will glow orange when in build mode.

Thanks for replying! I'm pretty sure I don't have any lose pipes, but I could be wrong. Either way, I can ignore the message as long as the actual pipeline leads out of the vehicle, right?

Attached Files
.blueprint   Filthy Switt.blueprint (Size: 481.51 KB / Downloads: 9)

Yes, in your case you can ignore that.
If you know that you have decorative exhaust pipes anywhere then you can most of the time ignore it too.

And, interesting airship? Flying dutchman? thing
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

(2019-01-27, 07:31 PM)Skyer Wrote: Yes, in your case you can ignore that.
If you know that you have decorative exhaust pipes anywhere then you can most of the time ignore it too.

And, interesting airship? Flying dutchman? thing

Thank you for clarifying.

(2019-01-27, 07:31 PM)Skyer Wrote: And, interesting airship? Flying dutchman? thing
Well, it's not supposed to be an airship. it just, like so many other FtD sail-ships, becomes one when sailing with the wind.

OK, found it: nothing to pay attention to, there was just a 3m exhasut pipe alone somewhere on the Port side of the main engine. Engine and exhaust are OK. Shift+P is a usefull tool for seeing clearly through constructs.

Intersting thing, the über amount of sails reminds me of those clipper sailing ships. Speak  about the REAL flying dutchman! XD

Edit: attaching the corrected version with the annoying pipe gone.

Attached Files
.blueprint   Filthy Switt - corrected.blueprint (Size: 481.82 KB / Downloads: 4)
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

(2019-01-27, 10:14 PM)BlitzkriegBob Wrote: OK, found it: nothing to pay attention to, there was just a 3m exhasut pipe alone somewhere on the Port side of the main engine. Engine and exhaust are OK. Shift+P is a usefull tool for seeing clearly through constructs.

Intersting thing, the über amount of sails reminds me of those clipper sailing ships. Speak  about the REAL flying dutchman! XD

Edit: attaching the corrected version with the annoying pipe gone.

Thank you! I seriously hope you weren't spending the entire day trying to get rid of that meaningless message.