Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ideal armor thickness for a somewhat independent ship

Conttruction of the Battleship is going quite well, almost everything I wanted to have is there, just some more combat testing is needed.
Here is the armor layout at turret C
[Image: HfEWqkr.jpg]

I see that the few places where I have HA is kinda hard to see, HA is on both sides of the turret ring inner side, the turret top and turret main deck meetpoint

And here she is in glory
[Image: 82nWO4o.jpg]
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

those 4 clip auto-loaders hurt my soul.  I would highly recommend re-configuring for a tightly packed clip-less pr single/double clip configuration.  There is a lot of empty space inside the turret that you can't use with the current layout.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

Good to see I wasn't the only one cringing at all that wasted space in those turrets. And that armor layout... I don't even know

(2019-01-28, 05:42 AM)Lincrono Wrote: those 4 clip auto-loaders hurt my soul.  I would highly recommend re-configuring for a tightly packed clip-less pr single/double clip configuration.  There is a lot of empty space inside the turret that you can't use with the current layout.

Yeah, going clipless is very interesting for high gauge guns; there seems to be enough space in turrets for a huge number of loaders, probably enough to sustain the RoF of the firing piece.

About armor... well, it's thicccc! With HA on the inner side, I guess it'll be durable. It would be worth trying against HESH shells, to see how it deals with spalling and thump.
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

You don't see quite the entire picture of what the cannon is, in the cannon there is actually almost no empty spaces, these empty spaces are used for Railgun Chargers or Recoil compensators.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments...height=676
The cannon has a continues rate of fire of 32RPM or a round every 1.87s.
That being a rail assisted cannon.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...nknown.png

The ship is indeed very durable.
And sure thing, I'll have to try how it deals with HESH and HEAT - Though having 2 airgaps I'd expect that it does pretty well

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

(2019-01-28, 05:50 PM)Skyer Wrote: You don't see quite the entire picture of what the cannon is, in the cannon there is actually almost no empty spaces, these empty spaces are used for Railgun Chargers or Recoil compensators.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments...height=676
The cannon has a continues rate of fire of 32RPM or a round every 1.87s.
That being a rail assisted cannon.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...nknown.png

The ship is indeed very durable.
And sure thing, I'll have to try how it deals with HESH and HEAT - Though having 2 airgaps I'd expect that it does pretty well

running rail chargers and recoil between the clips/loaders in a 4 clip setup is still highly inefficient because you end up expending a lot of blocks on connectors.  for heavy railguns like this, it's the charge rate that tends to be the bottleneck so it is much more efficient to have a minimal gauge snake with a compact core of loaders and have most of the rest of the gun be chargers with enough recoil compensation to not knock the ship around.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

I guess that I can probably improve, in this game You can always improve something.
But I send that picture because of the armor layout not the turret but fair enough.

I'll see what I can do to improve the gun

So, By Redesigning the main turrets, I managed to push 0.3 Overclock (Before 0.375) at a recharge rate of 1.89sec (Before 1.87) and the maximum practical RoF (Without Railgun) is 34.7RPM before it was 32.39RPM while keeping the same Velocity as before (By increasing Battery capacity).

Probably made the turret less explody as well because all the loaders are now only at the bottom.

[Image: O2awPze.png]
[Image: qeBWSfY.jpg]
[Image: AQ6E3cD.jpg]

That's a real monster! XD And I thought the turrets of my Legatus battleship were big... The look is edgy and quite pleasant, nice job. Maybe you can extend the front protection to cover a bit more the loaders down, but with the existing armor from your hull, I guess that will do... Wink
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob