Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ideal armor thickness for a somewhat independent ship

6 seconds reload with 12guns/barrels

and yes shielded targets are a pain even with dc shells

and if u thinks thats overkill than estimate my battleship guns and armor Big Grin

Ps.: its nearly imposible to maintain this ship in a campain i mostly build stuff in designer for fun
like's strange music Tongue

OK, so let's say even with a 90% chance of reflection, every salvo should pass, like, 1 shell. A properly aimed one can dispatch a turret or mainframe, but the reload time is a bit crippling in my opinion.

If this ain't a battleship, well, I'm not sure I really want to meet its big brother! XD That's quite some dedication you're showing here, huge projects like this are typical time-eaters.
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

oh yeah i shoveld around 500 hours into a single airship (820meters long with over 200 turrets)

and yes the weapons are insanely crippled by shielding its more like 3-5% of the shell passing throught the shields(layerd shielding even worse)
(that the main reason why i hate them that mutch and the point that set up shields on 200+meter long crafts are a pain)

and its no longer operational cause the nuclearpower mod is no longer working

but it was realy funny to watch this thing anihilating dwg and ow crafts (godlys in one salvo down to 80% and less)
like's strange music Tongue

i'll put a corollary to my previous armor post.  the only material I don't let be the last layer is HA, because in that case spalling frags have 80 AP and deal full damage to just about anything except more HA.  If i'm using HA in armor I usually back it with a layer of Alloy, which cuts the spall AP AND helps counter some of HA's excessive weight.

regarding shell lengths, 4-6m shells seem to be fairly popular for heavy guns and compound warheads are common with just about every combination viable depending on what you're trying to do. i've only seen larger than 6m shells on ships when they start mounting obscenely powerful railguns at which point they're generally solid-shot hollow-point shells with a few hundred thousand rail-draw behind them mixed with equally large disruptors. Of course the broken nature of shields and the stupidity of current rail-draw power scaling means these are pretty rare.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.