Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
 
Starter Ship Scrimmage 6 - Cleveland Steamers [Finished]

#21
Hmm, I'm working right now on a battleship under 100k that uses steam propulsion, I guess I'll kit it out for this tournament Big Grin Fear my direct feed guns and walkable interior!
Reply

#22
I'm interested.
Reply

#23
Lots of questions!

(2019-01-14, 11:29 PM)akos999 Wrote: [Image: VGEkKzL.jpg]

Here is a sneak peak.

Also: ARTY PARTY!!!

That's fine, I consider that visual clipping (the game treats barrels as if they don't move at the mantlet even if it looks like they do)

(2019-01-15, 03:50 PM)akos999 Wrote: Some additional question:

Can somebody apply more than once with different vehicles?

Can the propeller be slightly tilted? (10-20°)


Quote:•The ship's hull must be at least 4 times longer than it is wide

Does it only apply to the hull of the ship (not counting additional stuff on it), or it apply to the entire craft?

How does it apply to catamarans and trimarans?

One entry per person please!
Propellers can not be on spin blocks, so no tilting them.
I mean the ship's hull. The armored part of the boat that comes in contact with the ocean.
I'll make an exception for catamarans as long as they dont have any weapons on them. If you put weapons on them, then I'll consider them part of the hull and they will be counted in the width.

(2019-01-15, 07:52 PM)akos999 Wrote:
Quote:•Single vehicle only

a spawn stick is allowed

Spawn stick for a single ship? Does it mean that I can use support vehicles or not?

Quote:•Your entry must be able to significantly damage itself in a mirror match (more than 10% health in 2 minutes)

If I understand correctly this rule stand for banning avoiding behaviour. Does it apply to ships which are simply just very tanky and does not able to damage themselves in time in a mirror match every time?

The spawn stick is to adjust the spawn height or direction facing at the start. No extra vehicles.

The rules is to prevent long battles where little action happens. If you cannot do enough damage, then you need to remove armor and add guns.

(2019-01-17, 03:10 PM)TheRealArtisan Wrote: How do you go about the 10s rule? Using ACB's or is this already handled?

"10 second no-fire at the start of the match to allow for steam engines to power up"

Use ACBs that either turn off the AI controlling the guns, or turn off the antennas on your weapons controllers.
You ship is allowed to move and defend itself,  but absolutely no offence will be allowed before the 10 second mark.

(2019-01-18, 03:11 AM)akos999 Wrote:
Quote:•Turrets and spin blocks with weapons mounted on them must be vertical (the normal turret orientation)
2 axis turrets are allowed?


2 axis turrets are allowed
Reply

#24
I am also wondering how the 10 seconds no firing rule must be applied

Quick edit, sorry the earlier posts where not showing for some reason
Reply

#25
Quote:•Spin blocks cannot be used to avoid game mechanics(clipping, avoiding drag, avoiding line-of-sight for detectors. shields projecting through other shields, etc.)

Turrets can be underwater?
Reply

#26
Quote:•Armor and weapons should be mostly symmetric on the left and right sides of the ship (doesn't have to be a mirror image, the same amount of guns and armor on each side will do

Shields can be one-sided?
Reply

#27
(2019-01-26, 12:06 PM)akos999 Wrote:
Quote:•Spin blocks cannot be used to avoid game mechanics(clipping, avoiding drag, avoiding line-of-sight for detectors. shields projecting through other shields, etc.)

Turrets can be underwater?

Yes

(2019-01-28, 04:18 PM)akos999 Wrote:
Quote:•Armor and weapons should be mostly symmetric on the left and right sides of the ship (doesn't have to be a mirror image, the same amount of guns and armor on each side will do

Shields can be one-sided?

No
Reply

#28
[Image: u8MGI4v.jpg]


Quote:•Shields cannot overlap

Can laser shields and regular shields overlap?

Quote:APS

•Must be mounted on a turret that can rotate at least 170 degrees

Quote:•Turrets and spin blocks with weapons mounted on them must be vertical (the normal turret orientation)

Can I use that ammo ejector shootgun without puting it on a turret since it's not really a cannon?
Reply

#29
(2019-01-31, 10:04 AM)akos999 Wrote: [Image: u8MGI4v.jpg]


Quote:•Shields cannot overlap

Can laser shields and regular shields overlap?

Quote:APS

•Must be mounted on a turret that can rotate at least 170 degrees

Quote:•Turrets and spin blocks with weapons mounted on them must be vertical (the normal turret orientation)

Can I use that ammo ejector shootgun without puting it on a turret since it's not really a cannon?

No and No
Reply

#30
Entries I have received so far:

Banana Master Race by akos999
BloodReaver_by_TheRealArtisan
Cataract by Henry Wong
CL Mistrock by Hwboy3
Douwes Dekker by Arkhangelsk
El Toro by T3hJimmer
Exsteaminator by Anickle
Fearless - OwO
Foehammer by Dragonslayer918
HMS Thunderchild by benzo711
Midas by harnas1977
MoKa_by_Cythphn
MURDER GIRL by Dorkious
NRP São Ulísses II by AdNecrias
One Buttock by MrNukealizer
QIEI-Rhomboid Speedex by Qwert26
The Curse of Peashy Ryghts by TheBrisbyMouse
The Ogre by Ipsok
ZrMs Michiel de Ruyter by Pikmug

If you're still building you have 3-4 hours to finihs up and send it in. If you already sent me something and it's not listed here, let me know!
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)