Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Starter Ship Scrimmage 6 - Cleveland Steamers [Finished]

(2019-01-13, 04:26 PM)akos999 Wrote: Can I build an advanced cannons barrel through an armour plate (building in a small portion of the barrel into the armour), or is this against clipping rule?

As long as the armor and the barrel aren't on different spin blocks, you're fine. (They either have to be on the same spin block, or the armor has to be on the hull.)

(2019-01-13, 04:26 PM)akos999 Wrote: Can I build an advanced cannons barrel through an armour plate (building in a small portion of the barrel into the armour), or is this against clipping rule?

Note that unless both barrel and armor are on spinblocks this will violate the rotation rule. (If they are I would argue it is illegal clipping, but that is Th3Jimmer's call.)
Allr andask.

(2019-01-14, 08:06 PM)Blothorn Wrote:

Note that unless both barrel and armor are on spinblocks this will violate the rotation rule. (If they are I would argue it is illegal clipping, but that is Th3Jimmer's call.)

I think he's talking about armor further down on the barrel, where the barrel visually clips, but does not physically clip... if that makes sense...

A picture would be helpful to clarify akos999

Photo 
[Image: VGEkKzL.jpg]

Here is a sneak peak.

Also: ARTY PARTY!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Some additional question:

Can somebody apply more than once with different vehicles?

Can the propeller be slightly tilted? (10-20°)

Quote:•The ship's hull must be at least 4 times longer than it is wide

Does it only apply to the hull of the ship (not counting additional stuff on it), or it apply to the entire craft?

How does it apply to catamarans and trimarans?

Quote:•Single vehicle only

a spawn stick is allowed

Spawn stick for a single ship? Does it mean that I can use support vehicles or not?

Quote:•Your entry must be able to significantly damage itself in a mirror match (more than 10% health in 2 minutes)

If I understand correctly this rule stand for banning avoiding behaviour. Does it apply to ships which are simply just very tanky and does not able to damage themselves in time in a mirror match every time?

Whoa boy... 100k PAC allowed? This is going to be brutal.

Maker of moderately good: CRAM, APS, and engines.  

(2019-01-15, 07:52 PM)akos999 Wrote:
Quote:•Your entry must be able to significantly damage itself in a mirror match (more than 10% health in 2 minutes)

If I understand correctly this rule stand for banning avoiding behaviour. Does it apply to ships which are simply just very tanky and does not able to damage themselves in time in a mirror match every time?

I think it is intended to counter not only defensive tactics that cannot reasonably be countered (which can be armoring schemes, not just evasion--consider the spinblock armor of years ago) and overinvesting in defense versus offense, which leads to boring matches even if it is not broken. Remove/cheapen some armor and use those resources to improve your weaponry.
Allr andask.

How do you go about the 10s rule? Using ACB's or is this already handled?

"10 second no-fire at the start of the match to allow for steam engines to power up"

Quote:•Turrets and spin blocks with weapons mounted on them must be vertical (the normal turret orientation)
2 axis turrets are allowed?