Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

need help with new steam propellers

This is my first ship that uses these new propellers, one on each side, the propellers work fine, but I think one is creating more thrust since the ship is always drifting towards one side, also it flies out of the water a lot but that I can fix with acbs and hidrofoilslater

Attached Files
.blueprint   Destroyers.blueprint (Size: 98.51 KB / Downloads: 7)

So, no the steam engines create the same amount of thrust as seen in the picture
[Image: swLPurO.png]

And for me the ship sails straight, other than not being able to use more than 20% of power because the Center of gravity is way to high or the props are way too low, which makes the ship want to pitch up and fly out of the water. To fix that the propellers have to be directly behind the center of mass (Having longer ships also helps in that because the increase the rotational inertia) So lowering the center of mass by putting lead in the bottom or below the bottom of the ship or putting the props higher up.
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.