Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pseudo-Pre Dreadnought [Discussion[

Ok! So glad to see some discussion happening. XD Big Grin 

One reduction gear-per-shaft sounds good to me. 

I was also thinking that each shaft needs three pistons and there's the whole '2 boilers per piston' rule. If we want small boilers, maybe 4 per piston and they can't be placed in a line?

Yes, large rudders only. It does limit the turning circle based on speed. And the 'flipping' is how it works in real life, ships lean away from the direction they're turning due to inertia. Turn too fast and 'sploosh'.

One reduction-gear-per-shaft also is the only way my current ship can run. XD I should go through and shrink my rear turrets a little bit, they're forcing my engine shaft to be absurdly close to the sides of the hull. Of course that's because I'm following my possibly-not-going-to-be-used rule of 'boilers must be close to funnels horizontally'...

Come on site! Work with me!

I would much recommend you to move the discussion to discord. It's actually easier to discuss there as you can pin important messages and most of community resides there anyway
https://discord.gg/RJ5xx4x
primum non nocere

(2018-12-27, 11:10 PM)harnas1977 Wrote: I would much recommend you to move the discussion to discord. It's actually easier to discuss there as you can pin important messages and most of community resides there anyway
https://discord.gg/RJ5xx4x

Alright. I'mma try that.

Oh, now this goes to flood-cord... Can't imagine how constant stream of random one-liner flood filled with personal arguing - can be easier than good ol' forums, but seems now i forced to discord aswell...
Makes things.
The fastest thing in the universe is sluggish... Years, decades, centuries from star to star.

(2018-12-28, 07:02 AM)DraWay Wrote: Oh, now this goes to flood-cord... Can't imagine how constant stream of random one-liner flood filled with personal arguing - can be easier than good ol' forums, but seems now i forced to discord aswell...

Forums will always be here and are a nice kind of 'archive'.
Discord is much more fleeting. And a long list of 'stickies' is not handy, and only some folks are allowed to make them. In forums, stickies arent necessary really to look up what was said by who, 3 days from now.

But alas, as much as real life personal interaction has been transferred from the living rooms and streets to facebook, so will gamer forums be transferred to discord and its lookalikes. Possibly only for a spell, though.

As I dont know on what server in discord this will continue, please keep me posted here... Smile

CRAM CRASH COURSE

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3

(2018-12-30, 11:48 PM)NutterChap Wrote: As I dont know on what server in discord this will continue, please keep me posted here... Smile

https://discord.gg/cBRJfEN
Here, join us!
Makes things.
The fastest thing in the universe is sluggish... Years, decades, centuries from star to star.

Uh. Has discord suddenly crapped out for anyone else? It's not connecting for me suddenly, giving a DNS connection error.