Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Good Base Location

I'm starting a new campaign, where I'm going to be RPing a Steel Striders captain who defected and struck out on his own. I need a good location for a main base, which has a good harbor that can fit a couple of battleships, an aircraft carrier and a few smaller ships. I'd also like it to have a location either nearby or in it to put a shipyard and fort. My ships will be WW2 style, the carrier being the biggest at 270m long. It would also preferably have a resource ring nearby.

Semper Aggressus,
Haldon Blackblade

The best place I can think of that is early game is either the OW or DWG main resource zones (the ones that have infinite resources).

(2018-12-16, 03:22 PM)Paintminer Wrote: The best place I can think of that is early game is either the OW or DWG main resource zones (the ones that have infinite resources).

Like the one near the big Atlas gantry, by the big straights? I had considered making that my main base, but the DWG would constantly be harrying me there in the early game. I suppose I could save up materials and build myself a big battleship early on. The advantages I see is controlling the western end of the straight, and having a decent deepwater port, plus space to build a big dockyard. With the desert to the north, I could easily build and air base, and put a big fort in where the Atlas Gantry was. Thanks for the recommendation

Cheers
HaldonBlackblade