Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Heavy Airship : Dracae

Hello people ! Today , has I said in my last Thread (well , first one actually) I am posting my first vehicle in here (it is , of course , not my first vehicle built , just the first I post here) . Has I am very original , I called it the Dracae Mk1 .

This vehicle is an airship that I built to absolutly destroy any DWG vehicle but it was first intended to be a prototype to test lasers (yeah , I started playing 1 year ago and never tested lasers until now) and I can say that the laser in this vehicle is... bad at best , useless at worst .

Anyway , it primarly rellies on thrusters to fly but I am sure you can add some dediblades to make it fly even without them . those thrusters are powered by an absolutly atrocious engine (please , if you are an expert in engines , don't look at it , it's for your own good) that produces 80k power at max use but it never get to uses them since ACB's are our best friends .

it's weaponery is composed of:
two 200mm HEAT APS's
one 500mm Frag and EMP Railgun (mostly a protoype since it's my first)
one lasers with 83.2 AP , 3624 dmg and 0.11 inacuracy (first shot)
twenty eight 7 blocks Frag and HE missiles (I can already hear the "SPAMMER" , and yes , I know it is spam)

It has limited defenses but there they are :
some stronk 725 pulse dmg , 83.2 ap LAMS (before you ask , yes , they use the same MPL has the offensive one , dumb I know)
4 small useless flares
some variable belly-shielding
4 heat decois at the very front of the laser optics

Well , I think that's pretty much all that I can think of . So , what I personnaly think of this craft . It is pretty good for my standards but is generally bad , it has many flaws and useless features (did I told you that I fought about puting somke on it , even if it has LAMS , stupid , told ya) . the laser is pretty bad and could easly be removed just to keep the lams and putting some small weapons on the front. the railgun too is pretty bad but again , it was a prototype for my future crafts. Hope you can tell me what to do better if I didn't saw it earlier and tell me if you found this craft cool or bad !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint   Dracae Mk1.blueprint (Size: 455.63 KB / Downloads: 7)

Okay, three things I'd say: first, it's quite heavy due to this dual metal layer, but actually that's not much of an issue as it's quite easy to get strong lift force in this game. And at least, armor is quite good.

Second, propeller blades are really exposed; there is a bit free space in this hull of yours, maybe you can include them inside. You can easily superpose many small-diameter propellers for some space efficient lift.

Third: consumption! Jet thrusters eat a lot, maybe you could consider using propellers for main drive as well.

Weapons are OK, the balance between APS, missiles and laser make it difficult to couter properly. The only thing about the laser is that it can hit only forward targets; you could consider puting it on a turret (although it's quite some job to design).
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

(2018-12-13, 12:57 PM)BlitzkriegBob Wrote: Okay, three things I'd say: first, it's quite heavy due to this dual metal layer, but actually that's not much of an issue as it's quite easy to get strong lift force in this game. And at least, armor is quite good.

Second, propeller blades are really exposed; there is a bit free space in this hull of yours, maybe you can include them inside. You can easily superpose many small-diameter propellers for some space efficient lift.

Third: consumption! Jet thrusters eat a lot, maybe you could consider using propellers for main drive as well.

Weapons are OK, the balance between APS, missiles and laser make it difficult to couter properly. The only thing about the laser is that it can hit only forward targets; you could consider puting it on a turret (although it's quite some job to design).

Thanks for the feedback , gonna try to improve some of those things for the Mark 2 ! (but sadly , I can already tell you that the laser is not gonna move XD)
What do you mean by "shields are better than heavy armor" ? haven't you ever seen a World War II battleship ? DID THEY USED SHIELDS ?!

-Wrote by that guy that can't stand modern things but loves WW2 type vehicles

I know many things have changed since I've been able to play FtD, but 28 missiles is actually on the small end. I like the paint scheme and that you've made an effort to decorate it.
A force as voracious as time itself.
A void as cryptic as reality itself.
An enigma as vexing as life itself.
Into the band Sabaton. Extremely so.

(2018-12-13, 11:13 PM)Minecraft Zerneas Wrote: I know many things have changed since I've been able to play FtD, but 28 missiles is actually on the small end. I like the paint scheme and that you've made an effort to decorate it.

Thanks , it really is important to me to know that people care about newcomers like me (well , technicaly , I play this game since a long time but that's not the subject)
What do you mean by "shields are better than heavy armor" ? haven't you ever seen a World War II battleship ? DID THEY USED SHIELDS ?!

-Wrote by that guy that can't stand modern things but loves WW2 type vehicles