Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Campaign - Obtaining Materials

One of my biggest goals in the campaigns is to obtain as much material as possible. The more material I have, the more options I have to build and I always love building my elite constructs. 

As of right now, there are 3 ways of obtaining materials:
* Resource Zones
* Destroying Enemies 
* Capturing Enemies

The only way I've been able to obtain enough materials is capturing enemies. Getting the full resource value from an enemy ship can be very very useful.

As such, I've been trying to capture every, single ship. It seems so tedious! 

Is there another way of obtaining resources?
Is there an easy way to capture ships?

Some tips here which may or may not help you:
  • I tend to have custom settings on my campaign, allowing for the max (10%) materials from destroyed enemies. This is because I don't like ultra-meta builds.
  • If I can, I will control my ships to fire at the AI. If the AI is knocked out while the ship still has a lot of health, that's more resources for you.
  • Capture if you have easy access to the AI. Don't waste your time looking for them. You could have won a few battles by then.
  • Some resource points you capture have limited resources. Extract from these at any speed, it doesn't matter as the resources don't regenerate. If you're on localised resource mode, it's a good idea to transfer these materials using a ship carrying some storage.
  • Invest in the resource skill. Press Z. As you level up you can invest in skills. One of them allows you to collect resources more efficiently.
  • The Deepwater Guard mainly use wood so don't yield nearly as many materials as other factions. Once you get up to the Onyx Watch, you'll gain a lot more.