Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The P7A5

After relearning how planes worked I made a big and sorta fast prop plane

[Image: y1dA17o.jpg]
It can go over 30m/s, has 2 dual barreled fixed guns and two spinning guns on the wing tips.
It carries 1400 of ammo, has 6000 of energy, a fuel engine generating 100 hp at .4 fuel per second.

Attached Files
.blueprint   P7A5.blueprint (Size: 111.79 KB / Downloads: 5)
I build for building not efficiency, just add more cannons an it will work

I guess my main criticism is that the wings give it an absolutely enormous profile from the ground and 30m/s is pretty slow for aircraft, so you're going to have a bad time with APS.

I can't download this blueprint right now but it looks like the wings are 3m tall - even with slopes, that's going to create substantial drag. I'd cut this down to 1m thickness, flatten out the guns, if you don't want to see the gun components on the wings then add metal plate to cover them up (plate doesn't create drag I believe).

The fuselage, including the nose and tail sections, look great.

(2018-12-10, 05:57 PM)PualWall Wrote: I guess my main criticism is that the wings give it an absolutely enormous profile from the ground and 30m/s is pretty slow for aircraft, so you're going to have a bad time with APS.

I can't download this blueprint right now but it looks like the wings are 3m tall - even with slopes, that's going to create substantial drag.  I'd cut this down to 1m thickness, flatten out the guns
K now the guns are inside the wing, added basic detection, and changed the wing.
With this now it goes to a maximum of 41m/s, still not fast but it is better

Attached Files
.blueprint   P7A6.blueprint (Size: 100.39 KB / Downloads: 7)
I build for building not efficiency, just add more cannons an it will work