Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Co-op Battle-cruiser Campaign II

IT'S ALIVE!

Best of luck to you all. This will be fun to watch.

Flak guns are very effective against missiles. I'm currently using 146mm double barrel flak turrets on a small battleship and they intercept just about every missile, aside from very fast ones with a ton of health. If you upscale to something like 250mm flak you'll be swatting missiles of all sizes out the sky like it's nobody's business. Some pointers:
-At least 1 round per second from each flak turret, any less and missiles will get through
-at least 2 flak turrets, ideally one for each cardinal direction.
-use a single gunpowder module on your shell, any more is pointless.
-timed fuzes with a laser targeter are essential
-the default settings on the anti missile weapon controller are pretty bad. Just setting all the tolerated deviations to 0 will give you much better performance, and you can tweak from there as needed.
-SET THE ALLOWED SHOTS TO 0 AND THE PRIORITY LOSS PER EXTRA SHOTS TO 10. Otherwise you get every turret spilling their spaghetti over the first missile that comes at you, killing it 10 times over, but leaving the rest completely unharmed as they sail into your ship.
-Sustained fire is ideal, but bursts of at least 10 rounds can be effective.
Hope this helps!

(2019-01-18, 07:29 AM)Skullsploder Wrote: Flak guns are very effective against missiles. I'm currently using 146mm double barrel flak turrets on a small battleship and they intercept just about every missile, aside from very fast ones with a ton of health. If you upscale to something like 250mm flak you'll be swatting missiles of all sizes out the sky like it's nobody's business. Some pointers:
-At least 1 round per second from each flak turret, any less and missiles will get through
-the default settings on the anti missile weapon controller are pretty bad. Just setting all the tolerated deviations to 0 will give you much better performance, and you can tweak from there as needed.
-SET THE ALLOWED SHOTS TO 0 AND THE PRIORITY LOSS PER EXTRA SHOTS TO 10. Otherwise you get every turret spilling their spaghetti over the first missile that comes at you, killing it 10 times over, but leaving the rest completely unharmed as they sail into your ship.
Hope this helps!

beltfed? 1m?
can you share the shell design? Smile
am looking to build a Anti-missle gun

(2019-02-04, 08:18 AM)Otharious Wrote:
(2019-01-18, 07:29 AM)Skullsploder Wrote: Flak guns are very effective against missiles. I'm currently using 146mm double barrel flak turrets on a small battleship and they intercept just about every missile, aside from very fast ones with a ton of health. If you upscale to something like 250mm flak you'll be swatting missiles of all sizes out the sky like it's nobody's business. Some pointers:
Hope this helps!

beltfed? 1m?
can you share the shell design? Smile
am looking to build a Anti-missle gun

Nope, not beltfed. The problem with beltfed is that the downtime is gonna kill you every time. I'm using flak head - timed fuze - flak - flak -flak - gunpowder IIRC. At 146mm that makes a 1m shell. What you want is a bunch of normal 1m autoloaders stuffed into as small a space as possible, I think my turrets have like 8 with 2 clips each. Also, the 3x3 turret bases are very useful, since a lot of the turret downtime consists of slowly turning to engage a different target. Mine unfortunately didn't have the space to use 3x3 bases, but it helps when it's possible.

I was kinda wondering how you would take on the Lightning Hoods with just two Battleships, no missiles, no lasers and no shields. I mean, maybe you can do it with a ton of smoke depressors and flack cannons, but the lightning hoods are simply one of the most annoying enemy factions to fight for conventional ships and weapon systems. You really need lasers at that point. I'm guessing this didn't end well from the last update, you really would need to avoid getting in a  fight with the lightning hoods and take out the Onyx Watch first, also going to war with the lightning hoods means going to war with the white flyers, so you would need to split your forces and you only got 2 ships...

Honestly, you might want to consider giving yourselves some kinda buffer, you need units that can defend your rear against the one faction, while you take out the other faction. Maybe allow it so you can build defensive structures that can fight, that way they can never move to support you, but can keep your territory safe. It would also give you the option to retreat your battleships when you inevitably get too beat up to continue your fight against the one faction, and allow you the option to retreat to safer waters.

I don't remember the original version of this, but MAN do you have my attention! Building a ship(s) 'as you go' AND co-op in campaign has me fascinated!
(Is in your ship, stealing your turrets!)

Mods/extra blocks

After Cataclysm (and the separate 'railings' mod as well)
Dynamic Kinetics Simple Re-skin (armored glass)
Wrought Iron Armor
Structural Foam
Aero-alloy
More Corners 0.3