Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aircraft climbing

cant find another thread about this but im sure there will be one so if ive missed it just point me at it. in 4 years ive never built a plane until now, well heavily modified a airframe that was in dangerous waters, ive got it working good by dissecting a gotha but when it starts in the water or at least way below cruise alt it does 5 or 6 loops and then sorts its self out. i think its because its trying to point at the target while also climbing but seems to only want to climb virtically so loops until either it leaves the attack run distance or some other variable changes. how can i stop it looping or stop it climbing virtically?

Could you send a blueprint and possibly a picture?
it is always really hard to think of whats wrong when you don't even see how it looks like Wink
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

the forum has changed since i last used it, how do i upload a file?

got it, nvm it hasnt change just my brain not engaging

Attached Files
.blueprint   Mariner Carrier forum.blueprint (Size: 717.14 KB / Downloads: 9)

Do you have any mod installed? I just tried your plane (saving it separately from the carrier) and it works really fine, steady and so. When AI is set to Off it starts to loop, which is easily solved by adding a few wing components aft to shift lift center a bit aft, in line with CoM. When Ai is in Combat mode, it seems to handle everything fine, though.

Which speed is it supposed to go? I got it running 35m/s, so I think if you use mods to increase speed, it could increase as well the lever arm caused by lift center being a bit forward of CoM, hence the tendency to loop.
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

i can also confirm it appears to have magically fixed itself. nevermind!