Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issue with my fighterplane!

Heyya! So I haven't played this game for over a year and a half, but I got a sudden craving for it again!

However I'm abit (really, really) rusty in building stuff. Remodded the Duster plane to fit my need better and I think I got some good cheap planes out of it, however what I also needed is some kind of fighter plane. So I rebuilded the Javelin to a plane instead and fitted 2 Cram guns and 1 low caliber advanced gun (tried to do 2 cannons and 1 machinegun) I've got almost everything to work-isch finally except for the AI attack runs. The AI start to fire the guns the moment there is an enemy somewhere (he dosen't care if the enemy is spawned behind him) when the AI then starts the attackrun he misses EVERY shot, I mean, by a mile! He fires all over the place except on to the enemy! Any tips would be appreciated!

I'll attach the plane here also if someone with more knowledge could take a look on what's wrong!

Thanks!

Attached Files
.blueprint   Javelin V2.blueprint (Size: 97.91 KB / Downloads: 3)

I gave a quick look and I think issue is coming from sensors: your construct doesn't seems to have any, so enemy position (and thus aiming point) is totally inaccurate. Maybe you can use some free space in wing gun pods for a couple of sensors.
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

(2018-12-07, 04:51 PM)BlitzkriegBob Wrote: I gave a quick look and I think issue is coming from sensors: your construct doesn't seems to have any, so enemy position (and thus aiming point) is totally inaccurate. Maybe you can use some free space in wing gun pods for a couple of sensors.

Thank you! Worked like a charm. I ended up with rebuilding the gunpods to turrets too.

Always happy to help! Big Grin
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob