Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AI and General processing card cost increase? (Plus a question for the dev team)

I have been playing this game for quite a while now, with the AI mainframe always being 40 resources and the general processing card being 20. However, looking as of the 30th November, the prices have spiked to 10x each and I have not been able to find any information regarding this change in patch notes from 2.04 to the last update.
Is this an accidental change, or a deliberate one?
Additional (off-topic) question for the dev. team: If this change and the missile cost stay the same, how are you planning to adjust the game economy considering the rampant increase in price of old and new parts? Considering one my ships as a benchmark (Not changed during the updates), the average ship has increased in price on average by 20-50%. Are you planning to address this?
Everything in From the Depths can be solved by a large amount of high-caliber HE shells.

It has to do with the Missile update, that was Draba who did it.
You can see it over here https://forum.fromthedepthsgame.com/show...=38239&pid
So yes it is deliberate to i believe make general processing for detection and some of the new missile modules to actually mean something.
and AI probably because it is a really important block so it may as well have a cost.

the Cost increase of the vehicles won't change economy most likely, because after the missile update the designs still haven't been updated and missiles are basically the main reason for the price increase, since they are so much more powerful now, there can be a lot less missiles while retaining the same effectiveness.
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

It's not a "rampant" increase to the total cost of most vehicles, though. Mostly it's going to impact vehicles that are designed to be used in large numbers like drones, even then it's not a soul-crushing cost to pay for something that pilots your vehicles for you.

A shame, sadly. I still think that GPP cards cost far too much. Even my light cruiser needs about 40 processing power with no AI guided missiles (Simply put... 8k resources for GPP cards) It is because I have multiple redundant detectors, but still...
Everything in From the Depths can be solved by a large amount of high-caliber HE shells.

Sad as it may be,  I don't think it s as much of a dealbreaker as it may appear. 

It changes how you approach AI and detection.  In my eyes,  it used to be an afterthought.  Now it is something I need to design for... and around. 

I have built a 110K sub for one of jimmers KOTH tournaments.  As it hinged on torpedo spam with over 80 tubes of 8m long pre-update torps, Id like you to guess what it costs now.... but I'm fine with it, as such torp spam is no lobger necessary.

I do find designing for a given max cost a challenge again as many block costs have changed.  I like a challenge but when i want to rush a build,  it can be a nuisance....  Dodgy

CRAM CRASH COURSE

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3

AI will need to have some FP adjustments because AI doesn't actually care how much their units cost, only the FP matters.
Especially the missile based crafts whos price will bloat considerably.