Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Starter Ship Scrimmage 5 - Thrifty Threesome [Submissions Close December 20th]

Rules 
-The rules are mostly final, but some small changes may still happen. Make sure to check them a second time before you submit!

Blueprints
•30k Max materials
•Must be exactly three vehicles
 -One Boat that costs at least 15k materials
 -One Submarine that costs at least 5k materials
 -One Aircraft that costs at least 5k materials
•Must be combined into one blueprint (a spawn stick is allowed)
•Your entry must be able to significantly damage itself in a mirror match (more than 10% health in 2 minutes)

Classes
Boat
•This is the main vehicle in your fleet
•Can only use movement items from the water tab
•Can use CRAMs, APS, Simple Weapons, and Missiles (must follow the weapon restrictions below)
•Must stay at the surface of the water, sinking before 80% damage or flying away will count as an immediate loss
Submarine
•This is a support vehicle in your fleet
•Can only use movement items from the water tab
•Can only use missiles and torpedoes (must follow the weapon restrictions below) - edit: rams okay too
•Must stay in the water (cannot fly, but doesn't have to stay submerged)
•Minimum altitude of 75m below sea level
Aircraft
•This is a support vehicle in your fleet
•Can use all movement items (except warp drives and helicopter blade [dediblades are okay])
•Can only used fixed guns [APS/CRAMS/Simple Weapons(no weapons on turrets) (must follow the weapon restrictions below)
•Must stay above the surface (can land in the ocean, but cannot submerge)
•Max altitude of 300m above sea level

Weapons
•The only weapons allowed are CRAMs, APS*, Simple Weapons*, and Missiles*
•Energy weapons are banned; this includes PAC and laser (LAMS are included in ban)
•Nukes are banned
APS*
•Railguns are banned
•Autoloaders larger than 4m are banned (4m and smaller are allowed)
•Grav rams are banned
•Direct feed ammo inputs can only use 4m or smaller shells
•Keep your fire rate reasonable, if your designs triggers shell despawn, it will be disqualified
Simple Weapons*
•Simple weapons lasers are banned
•Rams on sub-constructs are banned (must be fixed to the hull)
Missiles*
•Magnets are banned

Utility
•Shields are banned
•Repair tentacles are banned
•Docking Stations are banned

Spin Blocks
•Spin blocks cannot be used to avoid game mechanics(clipping, avoiding drag, avoiding line-of-sight for detectors. sheilds projecting through other shields, etc.)
•No excessive clipping (using spin blocks to compress multiple blocks into each other)

Resources
•Ammo must be inside the hull (don't put it on the end of a stick)
•Centralized resource system will be used (no need for raw-resource crates)
•Each entry will start with 2k materials (They can be used for repairs, ammo refining, or in steam engines)

AI settings
•No Lua (Missiles or AI)
•Max range of 1.5 km (your entry should stay within this distance of the enemy most of the time)
•Max altitude of 300m above sea level
•Detection equipment is recommended, but not required (automatic detection set to 0.97)

Exploits
•No excessive clipping (using spin blocks to compress multiple blocks into each other)
•Sails must be above water
•No blueprint file text-editing
•If unsure as to whether you're doing something cheaty, you probably are, and should scale it back

Aesthetics
•Does *not* have to resemble a real life vehicle (can be fantasy, futuristic, ect.)
•Does have to be a vehicle of some kind (No ftd-physics abominations)
•Tiebreakers will be decided by aesthetics (best looking vehicle wins!)

Regulations
Match Spawning
We're now using w0otness's Tournament Mod: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=32725 
With a special thanks to An Ickle for updating it to 2.2
•Resource limited vehicle designer (centralized resources, fixed starting amount)
•Map available here:
.zip   TournamentMapv22_mk2.zip (Size: 246.88 KB / Downloads: 6)

•Water map, no land masses, ocean floor at  100m (download and test your entry on the tournament map!)
•spawn at 1000 m distance, sea level, facing towards the enemy

Victory Conditions
•winner decided by % health remaining after 5 minutes
•If there is less than 5% difference in health after 5 minutes, the best looking vehicle wins (my judgement).
•Vehicles going out of bounds for more than 20 seconds will be destroyed (This timer does NOT reset)

Tournament Format
•TBD

Submissions
•Submissions are due December 20th
•Send your submissions to: jimhemstreet @ hotmail (dot) com
•Include the phrase "Thrifty Threesome" in the title so I can find it easily
•Name your blueprint [vehicle name] by [your name].blueprint (i.e. Floaty Boaty by T3hJimmer.blueprint)
•Re-read all the rules before submitting

•Any design that doesn't follow the rules will be rejected (you have been warned)

Sounds like fun to me! Big Grin The banned magnets are a big nerf to planes. I planned to make a bomber or a plane with a turreted torp but it seems a fixed torp or some form of fixed gun will have to do.

I'm in! If even my thing will die horribly in first minute, and i'm almost sure it will.

upd. what's detection settings will be?

aandi think i found a superweapon, if i could reproduce this.
[Image: qqbyu6U.jpg]
Makes things.
The fastest thing in the universe is sluggish... Years, decades, centuries from star to star.

Might want to re-write the 'minimum depth' part. I thought initially that it had to be 75+m below the surface, not that the MAXIMUM depth is 75 until I got toward the end.

@Tomson, nothing outside of fixed cannons for planes. No torps or mines.

I think this is gonna be fun. Big Grin Hopefully I'll do better here than with my derpy ass landship.

Rules are now final. I wont change anything except to clarify existing rules, or to address exploits I have missed.

HAPPY BUILDING!

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm confused about depth settings, specifically with the submarine vehicle. If I understand correctly, the "minimum altitude" means that 75m is actually the maximum depth? Does this mean that the "submarine" doesn't even need to be submersible?

(2018-12-06, 02:44 AM)Ruludos Wrote: Sorry to be a bother, but I'm confused about depth settings, specifically with the submarine vehicle. If I understand correctly, the "minimum altitude" means that 75m is actually the maximum depth? Does this mean that the "submarine" doesn't even need to be submersible?

AFAIK, the sub should indeed not dive below 75m or itll receive DQ time. There IS wiggle room though, as the ocean floor is at 100m. Do take into account that a unit's depth is measured from its center of mass. It may also not stop touching the water. 

This means you can make a torp-only normal boat that is spawned beneath the surface, then bobs up and acts like a normal ship. The rules dont specifically forbid that,  but it is not following the spirit of the rules and thus may quite possibly lead to a DQ of your entry.

CRAM CRASH COURSE

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3

(2018-11-23, 01:55 AM)Captain_Fox Wrote: Might want to re-write the 'minimum depth' part. I thought initially that it had to be 75+m below the surface, not that the MAXIMUM depth is 75 until I got toward the end.

@Tomson, nothing outside of fixed cannons for planes. No torps or mines.

I think this is gonna be fun. Big Grin Hopefully I'll do better here than with my derpy ass landship.

(2018-12-06, 02:44 AM)Ruludos Wrote: Sorry to be a bother, but I'm confused about depth settings, specifically with the submarine vehicle. If I understand correctly, the "minimum altitude" means that 75m is actually the maximum depth? Does this mean that the "submarine" doesn't even need to be submersible?

•Must stay in the water (cannot fly, but doesn't have to stay submerged)
Your submarine cannot go any higher than the water surface. Leaving the water and going into the air is against the rules.

You cannot go lower than 75m below the surface of the water. (Min altitude of -75)

So you could make your submarine a surface ship if you wanted. It does not have to go under water.