Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

HE BATTLESHIP BRAWL

(Ignore the darker blocks, I was busy shooting up a Prowler to test the ammo storage) I'm thinking the Continent Class is looking pretty good. Big Grin   Miiiiight end up swapping out the middle turret for secondaries though to get more shells in the air at a time.

[Image: NnH0mRU.png]

Gotta hand it to you CptnFox, that catamaran hull looks neat, and the number of guns present looks promising.

I think Ill make something not-so-meta as well. Hopefully my design will be unique and at least somewhat effective.
I wont be using centerline main guns..

CRAM CRASH COURSE

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3

(2018-11-17, 02:29 PM)NutterChap Wrote: Gotta hand it to you CptnFox, that catamaran hull looks neat, and the number of guns present looks promising.

I think Ill make something not-so-meta as well. Hopefully my design will be unique and at least somewhat effective.

Thank you! After watching Dels Gaming's video on AMS, I'm thinking of swapping out my AMMS MK1s for some MK2s based on his design. Definitely gonna be having flares and those radar decoy buoy thingies as well. And probably a couple Anti Ship Missiles, and some CWIS. Also probably gonna change the secondaries out (sorta again) to get far more fire rate than the theoretical 21.7something I've got atm. Which it's not, because it can't reload fast enough.

Quick edit: Since the anti-missile system can ONLY target missiles, would we be allowed to use flak? It's basically wider radius-less damage HE...

I finished the hull and the turrets of my ship, I'm now ready to build the engines. With the new patch and the new large steam engine, I don't know what's better for a 300k ship: mega steam turbines with very big propellers or the conventional fuel engines. Any opinion about this?

(2018-11-17, 08:21 PM)Armenor Wrote: I finished the hull and the turrets of my ship, I'm now ready to build the engines. With the new patch and the new large steam engine, I don't know what's better for a 300k ship: mega steam turbines with very big propellers or the conventional fuel engines. Any opinion about this?

None here. havent meddled with the new steam propellers yet.
If you want to experiment, go ahead and use steam props. If you want certainty, go with fuel engines.

Fuel engines will not eat up your resources though.

CRAM CRASH COURSE

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3

(2018-11-17, 02:42 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote:
(2018-11-17, 02:29 PM)NutterChap Wrote: Gotta hand it to you CptnFox, that catamaran hull looks neat, and the number of guns present looks promising.

Thank you! After watching Dels Gaming's video on AMS, I'm thinking of swapping out my AMMS MK1s for some MK2s based on his design. Definitely gonna be having flares and those radar decoy buoy thingies as well. And probably a couple Anti Ship Missiles, and some CWIS. Also probably gonna change the secondaries out (sorta again) to get far more fire rate than the theoretical 21.7something I've got atm. Which it's not, because it can't reload fast enough.

Quick edit: Since the anti-missile system can ONLY target missiles, would we be allowed to use flak? It's basically wider radius-less damage HE...
yes you can use any shell type for anti missile cannons but it cannot the shoot at any ship

I finally tried to make an efficient steam engine. Actually, you can make some pretty powerfull steam engines. Just place one piston, a million reduction gear, 5m/7m propeller and you can have an engine that can push your ship to 20-30 m/s while consuming around 20 material per second. The only problem: The engines are taking a lot of space in the ship, so they are more vulnerable to damages. The maximum speed is 30 m/s, steam engines may be worth it!

I've got both steam and normal, through the use of the gearbox that's needed to get the pistons moving. It's to get the ship going even while the steam engines spool up, but I'm keeping my steam engines compact. Tongue Don't care if it isn't the fastest thing, as long as it moves I'll be fine methinks. Maybe. Might wanna make it go faster due to 6 of the guns needing to get within 1.something-k of the enemy before they can shoot...

In fact, you can see where my steam engines are in the pic.

quick edit: So. Some preliminary testing against my own ship (before some MASSIVE ammo supply increases) says this is gonna be one tough cookie. >Big Grin Hopefully. Maybe. Jury's still out on if I should keep or remove the middle turret, I'll make a B version without it and some more secondaries in its place to see what the best option is once the whole thing is done...

Finally decided to try.. if i can build it in time, i won't hurry.
Interestingly, an APS turret built to replace a CRAM turret on BBrawl4 ship (so, exactly same sizes of everything, and exactly 300 aps components combined) ends up more expensive! It uses 6m loaders 'cause space, and has only double firerate, with obviously much less HE charge. Four barrels though. Apparently i suck at APS. Or HE arty is realm of crams.
Makes things.
The fastest thing in the universe is sluggish... Years, decades, centuries from star to star.

(2018-11-19, 02:03 AM)DraWay Wrote: Finally decided to try.. if i can build it in time, i won't hurry.
Interestingly, an APS turret built to replace a CRAM turret on BBrawl4 ship (so, exactly same sizes of everything, and exactly 300 aps components combined) ends up more expensive! It uses 6m loaders 'cause space, and has only double firerate, with obviously much less HE charge. Four barrels though. Apparently i suck at APS. Or HE arty is realm of crams.

It's definetly the realm of CRAMS. 2m wide barrels? Yeah. However don't fire as fast nor are as accurate. However I'm going pure APS since I suck at crams. XD

[Image: YGkpQWK.png]

Got some beyutiful superstructure shaping on here. And yes, those ARE five smokestacks. Because I can.