Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

HE BATTLESHIP BRAWL

Testing shows there is a max shell size of 30 of the double blocks. So a 30m shell, casing included, is the max. Has a 240+ second reload, not as bad as I was expecting. However in testing against my glorious Dragon-Class Type 3 shows that ship is stupendously tanky. At least against pure HE. 

[Image: 3mjVGt8.png]
Here's the shell, barrel length for a little over .5 accuracy, and smoke cloud.

And here's some of the damage it does to the Dragon-Class Type 3

[Image: QfLsgHr.png]

Just blew out one of the casemates. (Yes, I could conceivably use the Type 3 in this, but it wouldn't do very well. XD)

I do have an idea for my 30m long, 500mm shell though... Howitzer time. MUWAHAHAHAHA.

Huge torpedoes. Just huuuuuge torpedoes.

eh, i'd like to try this, if it was for smaller size. Have no time and will to build another behemoth.
Or... hm... refit BBrawl4 ship for more guns?
Makes things.
The fastest thing in the universe is sluggish... Years, decades, centuries from star to star.

(2018-11-14, 07:09 PM)DraWay Wrote: Huge torpedoes. Just huuuuuge torpedoes.

eh, i'd like to try this, if it was for smaller size. Have no time and will to build another behemoth.

No one is saying you can't. XD Make it have ALLLLL the dakka!

[Image: rqjxUvY.png]

Hmm. Maybe a catamaran made out of two Yamato sized battleships stapled together is a little bit too much...

(2018-11-15, 01:06 AM)Captain_Fox Wrote: [Image: rqjxUvY.png]

Hmm. Maybe a catamaran made out of two Yamato sized battleships stapled together is a little bit too much...
Considering I decided not to enter a Yamato replica because a hull that size is too expensive, it does seem like a little much.

@MrNukealizer, that's why I've wound up cutting it down. Over 50k resources for the top deck alone? Yeah no.

[Image: Gi9syhY.png]

The width is not the actual width. For some reason FTD doesn't like to update the sizes. It's 263 or so long, and probably around 50 wide. And I'm not gonna make the 11m draft, probably gonna stop it at around 5 or 6. But I dare say the Continent-Class Battleship is living up to the name. I'm thinking two 3 barrel, 490mm cannons firing max size shells (a little under 30 meters long), and several more 3 barrel, 490mm turrets shooting far more normal shells. All along the centerline, and lots of secondaries and missile defense down the sides. Big Grin Already have four in place for testing. Although I should probably try against something other than the Sledge with far more direct missiles.

Quick edit: It's 263L, 39W. So exact size of the Yamato in those dimensions. XD

Another quick edit: Once I get the bottom of the hull in, I'm gonna cut out a chunk in the middle. It's already over 150k... So yeah. Yamato size is a wee bit big if it's not made of wood.

(2018-11-14, 07:09 PM)DraWay Wrote: Huge torpedoes. Just huuuuuge torpedoes.

Given the 300K mat limit: just add a coupme of large missile torpedo racks when you refit your BBrawl4 entry.

I could refit the HMS Agincourt likewise.  Cool

CRAM CRASH COURSE

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3

There's little problem. BBrawl4 entry is sorta repair zombie. Temeraire may work better, but that thing's too small...
btw, is there easy way to find out, how many blocks CRAM gun includes, or how many blocks are on a turret? These CRAMs have insane HE charge, but may be too big.
Makes things.
The fastest thing in the universe is sluggish... Years, decades, centuries from star to star.

(2018-11-15, 09:54 PM)DraWay Wrote: There's little problem. BBrawl4 entry is sorta repair zombie. Temeraire may work better, but that thing's too small...
btw, is there easy way to find out, how many blocks CRAM gun includes, or how many blocks are on a turret? These CRAMs have insane HE charge, but may be too big.

There is no limit on crams so it doesn't matter Smile

Oh so that 300 block limit is for APS only?
Makes things.