Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gatling Gun Haven

hello world!

So, I wanna play thsi game and enjoy an easy campaign. But still have a challenge. It's complicated.

So far, I've played several campaigns. But never got any further than executing the DWG. I've done so in single-ship runs where I would send something deadly to the enemy base, wreck it, and go about ym business. I ahve, specifically, done this 3 different ways. I've done this with manually controlled long distance sniping. With 500mm cannons. One ship, I command it, no AI. I won. I've also made an armored bastard ship with 4 x 6 barrel 100mm turrets on each side (8 total), and at first, I gave them 100mm sabots. Now, I have 2 of those same turrets mounted on a naval vessel that is equipped with 3 500mm single barrel PenDepths, and 1 double barrel 500mm that fires 500mm HEPenDepths out the left barrel and 500mm FragPenDepths out the right barrel. Those 2 100mm turrets are loaded with 100mm HEPenDepths (which was pure accident), and they shreaded whatever those 500 mils didn't hit. The metal behemoth which I swamped the DWG with which had 8 100mm turrets made everything swiss cheese, but it cost so much resource just to keep it flying, so I scrapped the campaign. The third time I did a single-ship run, I sent a sat ino orbit, built a massive rocket platform an dropped a cloud of rockets on the dWG faction base until I won. Cheap and pitiful, but I wanted to try out orbital bombardment. Wink

Now, as I've seen by changing things here and there, seeing what works, and having run multiple campaigns, I have finally built weaponry that beats anything it comes across at base dmg x 1.0, and that being said, I'm satisfied with the x1.0 dmg modifier so that everything is fair between me and my enemies, but it's still a bit lackluster to me. A single 500mm HEPenDepth will break about 5-15 blocks on an enemy ship. It looks like it's supposed to be something along the lines of, IDK, 20-30 blocks. Because, ya know FIVE HUNDRED MILLIMETER HEAVY NAVAL ARTILLERY. IRL, we couldn't even put 500mm artillery cannons on our naval ship for a long ass time! And when we did, we didn't put them on naval ships, we put them on railroads. Not to mention the amount of damage those things did was atrocious. In a good way. Good for them, bad for the enemy.

Anyways, back on track...I started another campain. But I hiked up the enemy's ability and speed in which they fortify their defenses. Before, I'd see about 4-6 ships at most when having a battle. Now, I see about 8-12, and I see some advanced ships that can actually fend my forces off.

I'm new to changing the settings of the game itself. I'm thinking of setting it to where enemy does half damage and I do twice. Would that ruin the game? What if I decided to just make a small fly of a ship that's heavily armored, has 1 single 500mm cannon, and the damage for the enemy is set to rock bottom, and mine is hiked to max? I think I'm gonna go ahead and test that, now....

(2018-10-16, 12:06 PM)The Architect Wrote: hello world!

1. So, I wanna play this game and enjoy an easy campaign. But still have a challenge. It's complicated.

2. So far, I've played several campaigns. But never got any further than executing the DWG. 

1. Eh... Easy Difficulty? Not really challenge I say... I strongly suggest up to the Regular difficulty, Or the highest mark is Expert. Don't go to the Godly if ya PC can't handle the bigger sizes.
2. Only DWG ya beat it? Well, its a long journey to ya... once ya beat the DWG... ya got three-way to declare wars... Onyx Watch (OW), White Flayer (WF) and Lightning Hood (LH). It will double challenge for ya if ya declare wars with all those. With that, it can show the determinations of ya building skills for ya vehicles, but I never see any of ya complete vehicles so far. Hope ya don't mind to show it to us. Who knows some of us might give ya suggestions or advice to improve it. I usually bother the aesthetics are the most rather focused on functionalities.

Lets talk game mechanics a bit, mate, I don't really know what these sliders can change when you set them to max or min

But I should also say something about why I haven't really gone further than the DWG. Truly, I'm a pacifist, I like peaceful confrontation, and the DWG was the only faction that just wanted me booty fer me booty. So I pirated hteir ships out from under them. Both literally and for joke material. Those wanderlusts and snapjaws worth 15k and 70k resources respectfully.

Anyways, Those sliders. I have 500mm artillery, and it looks like it punches far weaker than it should. If I hike the dmg difference to -30% (dmg difficulty 70%), what would the difference be if I used the same 500mm?

The 500mm are just the main weaponry in this campaign. I'm gonna have a lot of them, but I'm also adding smaller calibers as added dps, cause, ya know, 500mm slow firing and heavy hitters, they can't hit a flying squirrel for jack spaghetti.

Literally, I stayed an extra 30 minutes in one fight that dragged on for an hour before hand because enemy units kept joining the fight, and at the end, a flying squirrel joined and neither my commandeered snapjaw nor my Ironclad could hit it unless I turned the speed down to x0.1

My ironclad has 3 single barrel 500mm, 1 double barrel 500m, and 2 hextuple barrel 100mm, and nothing flew fast enough or accurate enough, so I need stuff that's good for sniping small targets, too.

(2018-10-31, 05:54 PM)The Architect Wrote: 1. Lets talk game mechanics a bit, mate.

2. I don't really know what these sliders can change when you set them to max or min

3. Anyways, Those sliders. I have 500mm artillery, and it looks like it punches far weaker than it should. If I hike the dmg difference to -30% (dmg difficulty 70%), what would the difference be if I used the same 500mm?

4. The 500mm are just the main weaponry in this campaign. I'm gonna have a lot of them, but I'm also adding smaller calibers as added dps, cause, ya know, 500mm slow firing and heavy hitters, they can't hit a flying squirrel for jack spaghetti.

5. Literally, I stayed an extra 30 minutes in one fight that dragged on for an hour before hand because enemy units kept joining the fight, and at the end, a flying squirrel joined and neither my commandeered snapjaw nor my Ironclad could hit it unless I turned the speed down to x0.1

6. My ironclad has 3 single barrel 500mm, 1 double barrel 500m, and 2 hextuple barrel 100mm, and nothing flew fast enough or accurate enough, so I need stuff that's good for sniping small targets, too.

1. Ya sounds like really negatively, is that how ya greet the community like that? Huh  I hope ya don't make the same mistakes from the past. I see a lot ya did the bad thing due to the attitude of ya. So please be nice to the community, will ya?

2. Ya can simply change it the slider. Before that what exactly Slider is ya talking to? Gauge Slider? Or Campaign Difficulty Slider?

If ya point to Gauge Slider... Ya can see it inside the APS UI setting and plan carefully when ya build the APS blocks such as Gauge Increasers and Gauge Cooling Units. Here's the APS UI settings, ya can edit it according to ya preferences.
[Image: 97oZEQa.png]

If ya point to Campaign Difficulty Slider, ya can simply change the difficulty at any time in the Options Menu, go to the right, and find Campaign Menu (Red Arrow Above) and ya can change it all ya want until ya think yer are prepared to the next move(s).

[Image: KtUkJmx.png]

3. Depending on what shell ya customize it, Im sure ya already know several shells such as APHE, HEAT, HEAT-FRAG, HESH, FRAG-SH, D-EMP, HE-SMOKE, FLAK-FRAG, Sabot and Solid with weirdo combinations. Im rarely using 500mm because they are several weak points inside, but that depends on how ya build the vehicle setups is, the weak point I concerned about is Risk of Ammo rack detonations that leave a big hole on ya vehicle which is No No to me to use that. To me, 400mm is more than enough to beat all of them. Don't worry... I do this many times already the Neter campaign nearly 5 times, and now going to the 6th time to see the newest units I haven't fight yet.

I advice is not always rely on the APS canons, Try to use the other weapons such as CRAMs, Particle Cannons, Lasers, Rammers, and Missile...missiles... are not really friendly resource user for now due to Missile Gauge updates, ya will surprizes when ya see the vehicle price is skyrocket.

4. Flying Squirrel is no longer as hard flying stuff like the old days... everyone can beat that Squirrel, even using the Simple Weapon such as Auto-Canons should be enough. But... just using only APS canons something makes me a bit boring to rely on that. I just use it all weapon while I can. As long the vehicles I made didn't reach more than 7k or 8k blocks. Im plays with the Packing wolf attacks, Raider fighting tactics, and Long-term survivability. And No No Noble fighting tactics.

5. Heh heh... looks like ya need to practice more of ya skill to organize the fleets. But I'm not sure whenever ya playing as Singularity (Generally big,over blocks, over volume, more to the Solo combat.) unit or Packing Wolf (Fight in the Numbers, lesser 2000 blocks, 3000 blocks, 4000 blocks, Max is 6500 blocks)  (Only one unit with tons of volumes, or over blocks, typically Steamroller or Rolfstomper vehicle). Trust me... build the Steamroller type is losing the fun. I strongly advised ya should form the Fleets at least 6 units to beat the Neter Factions. I use 12 units to kill every faction I face on, that includes the hardest faction... Scarlet Dawn.

6. Detection equipment ya need to understand to make ya weapon accuracy better, however... as I said before, that depends on ya weapon setups. If ya wanna be a sniper type. Try using AP capped + Sabot at least two or Sabots + Solid(s). And... be sure ya check the APS shell Velocity. If ya velocity lower than 800, ya chance to hit em especially the fast aircraft will be thin. Ya can see the velocity when ya customize the APS shell at Shell Statistic.

[Image: D9PACFt.png]

Well... Hopefully, I help ya a little hint to figure out the way. And... when ya said, "I'm a pacifist" I might consider as Pacifist too. But in a different way. On battle I didn't rely on just Ships, only I used all type. Ships, Submarines, Hovercrafts, Automatons, Planes, Bombers, Airships, Thrustercrafts, etc, combined all of those into the 1 fleet. I strongly recommend that ya should try all these type to explore more of ya building skills, and weapons, as well. 

Right now...I honestly to say that I see ya much likely rely on the actual conventional or common type like ppl usually do or rather... typical style. It's not wrong actually, but Im afraid ya will suffer the depressions call Burn-out Ideas which is I see this most of ppl faced it. Lets hope yer are not among of them which is to say... stuck on the same thing...and didn't try to get out from the box.

Explore it all, ya will achieve that something ya never cross in ya mind. Trust me. It fruits ya well.

And... If ya still going to resist it and wanna 'take it and granted' way. I already tried to give a little help, the rest is good luck on ya. Lastly... Im sorry if I sounded odd to ya. Well... good luck on ya endeavour.

Hmm. I do apologize if I may seem negative in any way, but I will stick to one rule to make things simple:
This is my thread for my campaign for me to learn. Any criticism, input, or ideas are welcome. APS, CRAM, Missile, in fact, please oh please show me some good energy weapon designs, because I would like to employ that tech.

Here is my fleet so far.

3 Ironclads, 2 Small Irons, 2 Snapjaws, 1 Ransack

I have enough 500mm artillery, now to move on to making as large a cannon with 6 barrels, or 3, as I can. Gotta live up to the game's name after all.

Just finished making a prototype gatling gun. The goal here was to make the LARGEST possible calibre 6 barrel gatling gun.

I went with a design that uses 1m ammo racks, sniper velocity sabots (over 800 m/s), and it fires at 800 RPM.

Next, I'll be working on the same concept, but for a 3 barrel gatling gun.

Yes, that 150m has rotating barrels, and after having tested it, it fires ALMOST all 600 rounds in one long stream, but due to the way the ammo feed system works, it sputters at the end. This single gun shredded an Atlas in seconds, and nearly cut a snapjaw in two. It's successful