Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Starter Ship Scrimmage 4 - Amorous Armor [Finished]

Rules 
-Rules are mostly final, but small changes may be made if updates break things, or unknown exploits are found

Blueprints
•12k Max materials
•Must be an armored vehicle(s)
•Multiple vehicle entries are allowed (must be combined into one blueprint)
•Your entry must be able to significantly damage itself in a mirror match (more than 10% health in 2 minutes)

Movement
•Movement must be smooth, no glitch twitching (moving rapidly side to side in a manner that hurts my eyes)
•Wheels Only
•No other parts from the Air tab
•Must be capable of moving at least 10 m/s on rough terrain (does not have to actually move this fast in the battles, just be able to do it in testing)

Weapons
•The only weapons allowed are CRAMs, APS*, Simple Weapons*, and Missiles*
•Energy weapons are banned; this includes PAC and laser (LAMS are included in ban)
•Nukes are banned
APS*
•Railguns are banned
•Autoloaders larger than 4m are banned (4m and smaller are allowed)
•Grav rams are banned
•Direct feed ammo inputs can only use 4m or smaller shells
•Keep your fire rate reasonable, if your designs triggers shell despawn, it will be disqualified
Simple Weapons*
•Simple weapons lasers are banned
•Rams on sub-constructs cannot extend more than 10 meters from the outside of the hull (melee weapons must be close rage)
Missiles*
•EMP warheads are banned (missiles only)

Utility
•Shields are banned
•Repair tentacles are banned
•Docking Stations are banned

Spin Blocks
•Spin blocks cannot be used to avoid game mechanics(clipping, avoiding drag, avoiding line-of-sight for detectors. sheilds projecting through other shields, etc.)
•No excessive clipping (using spin blocks to compress multiple blocks into each other)

Resources
•Ammo must be inside the hull (don't put it on the end of a stick)
•Centralized resource system will be used (no need for raw-resource crates)
•Each entry will start with 1k materials (They can be used for repairs, ammo refining, or in steam engines)

AI settings
•No Lua (Missiles or AI)
•Max range of 1.5 km (your entry should stay within this distance of the enemy most of the time)
•Detection equipment is recommended, but not required (automatic detection set to 0.97)

Exploits
•No excessive clipping (using spin blocks to compress multiple blocks into each other)
•No blueprint file text-editing
•If unsure as to whether you're doing something cheaty, you probably are, and should scale it back

Aesthetics
•Does *not* have to resemble a real life vehicle (can be fantasy, futuristic, ect.)
•Does have to be a vehicle of some kind (No ftd-physics abominations)
•Tiebreakers will be decided by aesthetics (best looking vehicle wins!)

Regulations
Match Spawning
We're now using w0otness's Tournament Mod: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=32725 
With a special thanks to An Ickle for updating it to 2.2
•Resource limited vehicle designer (centralized resources, fixed starting amount)
•Map available here:
.zip   SmallDunes.zip (Size: 284.42 KB / Downloads: 36)

•Land map, uneven terrain, very different from Neter! (download and test your entry on the tournament map!)
•spawn at 1000 m distance, ground level, facing broadside (entries will face in opposite directions in a broadside [ ↓    ↑ ] )

Victory Conditions
•winner decided by % health remaining after 5 minutes
•If there is less than 5% difference in health after 5 minutes, the best looking vehicle wins (my judgement).
•Going out of bounds for more than 20 seconds will be counted as a loss (This timer does NOT reset)

Tournament Format
•double elimination, best of 3 matches

Submissions
•Submissions are closed

Smells like tanks and landships. Nice! Big Grin

You know. I may actually join this. I have zero chance of winning though. XD never used a land vehicle before, and I've got a stupid idea. MK1 Tank.

I was tempted to enter, then I saw the 12k material limit, looks like ill stay out of this one
I build for building not efficiency, just add more cannons an it will work

Now that there's new missiles will they be allowed?
nice signature

(2018-10-15, 05:57 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote: You know. I may actually join this. I have zero chance of winning though. XD never used a land vehicle before, and I've got a stupid idea. MK1 Tank.

No worries Captain, I've never built a land vehicle either. Just replace propellers with wheels and you are all set.
primum non nocere

(2018-10-15, 09:13 PM)harnas1977 Wrote:
(2018-10-15, 05:57 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote: You know. I may actually join this. I have zero chance of winning though. XD never used a land vehicle before, and I've got a stupid idea. MK1 Tank.

No worries Captain, I've never built a land vehicle either. Just replace propellers with wheels and you are all set.

Also tempted to make a Tsar Tank...

I'm gonna join this, I've learnt from the land battleship tournament and Menti's tank tournament.
"Anata no soba de! " - Hearts of Iron phrase.

I'll participate, those rules are close to what i build in campain for almost 2 years x)
[Image: CUXgqyd.jpg]

I never build a tank or any land vehicle before. But, still want to join this. i may find some fun. XD