Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Iladge`s tanks & stuff (10.10.18 some more tanks)

APS nerf is coming. I`m against it. Most of my vehicles have Advanced cannons on board. All of them are precisely calculated to have a constant rate of fire (or maximum possible burst rate of fire). When update hits I won`t be able to fix them all due to lack of time. So I decided to post them while all of them are still working so they can be used by someone to learn something.

Starter Tank
Main battle tank. Used in groups of 5-6 units. The first of mine tanks which I am proud of. The reference standard for a large number of my tanks.
Cheap, ok-ish speed, good armour, not so bad survivability, Uses 293mm 2M gun with good 18Rpm (the most common of my weapons, even though this version is a bit outdated). Strength in number.
[Image: 87qqtpol.jpg] 
[Image: tUe21xEl.jpg]

MustOrDont SE
Main battle tank. Key difference between this one and the Starter tank is thicker frontal armour, weaker side armour newer turret. Also, this one is a bit cheaper.
[Image: hMyIUX9l.jpg]
[Image: L2cxVZzl.jpg]

Woodling HA
An attempt to make a medium tank with ramming capabilities. A bad one. Same gun.
[Image: Mr3aKeGl.jpg]
[Image: wHofGQ5l.jpg]

Manual driving tank (I am bad at giving names to things)
Something I`ve made to affect the battlefield myself. Doesn`t have AI. Possesses medium speed and armour. Main feature - 400mm 3M 8Rpm gun (currently firing Ap-sabot shells (which can be changed easily))
[Image: 9qitoANl.jpg]
[Image: B1cw27ul.jpg]

Attached Files
.blueprint   Starter Tank.blueprint (Size: 64.31 KB / Downloads: 10)
.blueprint   MustOrDont SE.blueprint (Size: 58.37 KB / Downloads: 9)
.blueprint   Woodling HA.blueprint (Size: 73.25 KB / Downloads: 8)
.blueprint   Manual driving tank.blueprint (Size: 63.74 KB / Downloads: 9)
"Stay alive, stay active, and get as much practice as you can." - Francis Albert Sinatra

Where did you get the news of the nerf?
nice signature

I do disagree with the nerf, there seems to be no reason behind it. I feel like nick is severely biased as if he was the one to pitch the idea of cram at the board meeting and if it isn't the strongest shell type out there his best idea of balancing is to just nerf everything else to high hell. I really like your tanks though, especially how you managed to fit such big guns in those tiny turrets.

(2018-10-08, 08:44 PM)Dominolan Wrote: I do disagree with the nerf, there seems to be no reason behind it. I feel like nick is severely biased as if he was the one to pitch the idea of cram at the board meeting and if it isn't the strongest shell type out there his best idea of balancing is to just nerf everything else to high hell. I really like your tanks though, especially how you managed to fit such big guns in those tiny turrets.

Thanks for your support! I'm glad I'm not alone. Also, if I'm gonna have some free time today, I will post some tanks with bigger guns.
"Stay alive, stay active, and get as much practice as you can." - Francis Albert Sinatra

I may hold on uptading if the next uptade does bring an aps nerf, since it took me years to learn making a working aps.
I build for building not efficiency, just add more cannons an it will work

I like the starter tank, although I couldn't find out what kind of shell it shot. I don't really have any budget tanks quite like yours. The only relatively cheap tank I made was months ago at twice the cost and i've learned so much more since then, so I don't really have a fair comparison. I don't really know why you use stone though, stone is heavy and not very good armor wise, but you can't really fit it with heavy armor and still expect it to be cheap so stone is a good alternative. I'd also, if you haven't already, seal the tank's hull where the turret on the top starts. Blocks on turrets and spinblocks can go through hull blocks, meaning you can add extra protection just by doing that. If a HE shell hits your turret, it will ignore where the hull is blocking and simply travel to the next connected turret block, meaning it will travel down to the autoloaders and ammo. It can also be damaged if the explosion travels through hull blocks and finds ammo racks down the tank aswell. As for the steam engine, i've never seen one that small actually work, good job! I'm not very good with those so its cool to see it can be used in tanks. The shell, whatever it is, is very strong as it can tear through all of my pre-modern tanks. I'd try to make your tank as small as possible, especially height-wise to avoid being hit often. Overall I like the direction this is going as I already like the tanks!

I quite like these. They look cool too, like your very own style. Haven't ever seen people use Stone and wood on the front and sides though... Otherwise very good!

(2018-10-10, 12:53 PM)Yehomere Wrote: I quite like these. They look cool too, like your very own style. Haven't ever seen people use Stone and wood on the front and sides though... Otherwise very good!
Many thanks. I bet that I`ve seen just one vehicle which had been made the same way, can`t remember what it was, but the idea of stone&wood armour isn`t mine, I just developed it.
(2018-10-09, 08:45 PM)Dominolan Wrote: I like the starter tank, although I couldn't find out what kind of shell it shot. I don't really have any budget tanks quite like yours. The only relatively cheap tank I made was months ago at twice the cost and i've learned so much more since then, so I don't really have a fair comparison. I don't really know why you use stone though, stone is heavy and not very good armor wise, but you can't really fit it with heavy armor and still expect it to be cheap so stone is a good alternative. I'd also, if you haven't already, seal the tank's hull where the turret on the top starts. Blocks on turrets and spinblocks can go through hull blocks, meaning you can add extra protection just by doing that. If a HE shell hits your turret, it will ignore where the hull is blocking and simply travel to the next connected turret block, meaning it will travel down to the autoloaders and ammo. It can also be damaged if the explosion travels through hull blocks and finds ammo racks down the tank aswell. As for the steam engine, i've never seen one that small actually work, good job! I'm not very good with those so its cool to see it can be used in tanks. The shell, whatever it is, is very strong as it can tear through all of my pre-modern tanks. I'd try to make your tank as small as possible, especially height-wise to avoid being hit often. Overall I like the direction this is going as I already like the tanks!
It fires high-velocity HESH shells. You aren`t the first person who asked me about stone as armour. I think that the bug with explosion clipping is already fixed (or did it reappeared at some stage?). Starter tank`s steam engine is not the smallest one which works, I think some of my tanks have an even smaller engine. You can do whatever you want with those tanks: use them, retrofit them, modify them. I`m happy that you like my tanks.  One extra thing about the Starter tank: it meant to be used in high numbers so while one tank is focused by enemies, others fire at those enemies. It is simple and it works.
(2018-10-09, 06:24 AM)Cuaq Wrote: I may hold on uptading if the next uptade does bring an aps nerf, since it took me years to learn making a working aps.
I would appreciate if you do so.

Photo 
Some more tanks.

Tumblehead B
Modification of the most popular of all my tanks. The Idea behind this thing was silly - squeeze giant gun (500mm 8M) in small hull out of fun. It turned out to be the second tank I`m proud of.
[Image: EOHLUrhl.jpg]
[Image: pVW2heyl.jpg]

ToppleHead V2
To describe it short - Tumblehead on steroids. 
[Image: n9joFnkl.jpg]
[Image: ZZD6ZlCl.jpg]

A-2 Elancelat
Tank destroyer. To say short - Manual driving tank on steroids. More armour, more AI, more firepower, more speed.
[Image: 2Zep5bel.jpg]
[Image: UITgbgpl.jpg]

AT-8 ptt2
An attempt to squeeze an even bigger gun into size dimensions of the Tumblehead. Almost double fire rate.
[Image: Smp2ZXml.jpg]
[Image: YKJXDE3l.jpg]

Attached Files
.blueprint   TumbleHead B.blueprint (Size: 67.56 KB / Downloads: 7)
.blueprint   ToppleHead V2.blueprint (Size: 515.84 KB / Downloads: 4)
.blueprint   A-2 Elancelat.blueprint (Size: 69.49 KB / Downloads: 7)
.blueprint   AT-8 ptt2.blueprint (Size: 59.64 KB / Downloads: 8)