Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anti-torp-AND anti-missle

(2018-10-10, 12:12 PM)draba Wrote:
(2018-10-03, 06:01 AM)Otharious Wrote:
(2018-10-02, 07:57 AM)draba Wrote: Interceptors don't benefit from having an LWC attached, ACB is what you need.

Right so.  am not using LWC nor even said i was?

My bad, meant AMCC: ACBs are the same just better.
Only thing you lose is being turreted, since interceptors need very high turnrates that mostly an aesthetic problem.
AMCC could get an overhaul but it's kinda esoteric so don't expect it soon(though water/air flags are probably easy enough, will check).

On the interceptors:
- frag is very unreliable, another fin would be better
- IIRC interceptors do not use APN, could easily be really wrong so will check it in the evening to make sure
- for interceptor torps I'd recommend 6 blocks and prop/fin/fuel/ballast/fin/interceptor
- secondary propellers are in, hybrid missiles/torps are possible

Realized you aren't using devtest a bit late, missile changes are coming soon enough so might as well leave it up.

Big Grin thanks

Yeah am not on dev test yet I might just wait until release though.

I will tool around. Afiak AMCC says it can use missile interceptors but yeah am not on devtest so unno which things have change full yet!  But a check for missile interceptors whether if they are propellers or thrust or hybrid would BE VERY grateful for. means one can have LAMS+Guns+Missles to defend vs all missile types a combined setup  missles for long range missle killing Guns for mid and the LAMS to finish of whats left  (and torp or hybrid ceptors to take out torps/missles as needed) Better yet having an option on the intercept module on the missle to select torps/airbone would be good too.

So your ACB idea means  I could have hull mounted torp interceptors? by using the detect torps at X range trigger to then launch the missile on the acv?  Only thing i have to ponder then whats going to tell the torp to find a torp to kill? The interceptor head+my ships passive sonar?   if this is true id be happy. Been wanting none turreted torp/air missile killers.

The way i have my turret/torps setup was from a youtube vid of one of the few vid makers for FTD

~~Edit
Ran test with the ACB hull mounted system for anti-torp interceptors
the 6 module setup does work and chase the enemy but am afraid they all try and gang up on 1 torp and they do not (intercept) they chase making them useless.  what i mean by this is the overshoot the incoming torps and then try and chase it down.  If i try and add my APN they are utterly useless this way and one turn does not work either.

My AMCC+Turret setup plus my anti-torp  Torp has the APN which keeps the missile at a constant bearing as it closes with the missile and will always HIT the other missile on its head even seen them fail to blow up but KNOCK the incoming torp away lol!  I been using this method since I got FTD a few years ago this is of course not with the devtest

So what am thinking here is that the AMCC+ceptor+APN  does fancy stuff in combo?  AMCC has the smart priority and sadly ACB is not superior to this yet.   Adding those flags so water only missles dont go after air missles and vice versa and hybrids doing both would be great!  

Please keep me updated! Id love to hear about all the features with missles  Hatch doors and anti-missles/torps  are what give me insane joy :Big Grin Soon I will refit my sub for lawls times Big Grin

``````````````````````````````````
A side related issue I am having is I have a Torps on my left and right side built into the hull.   I used to have One turn on these so the side not facing the enemy could turn over.    I since changed ships and i have more hull below waterline so getting hit by my torps is no fun.

So I removed one turn. and put the required accuracy on my torp controllers to 0.2   Each side has its own Computer.    but now the other side thats NOT aimming at the enemy just keeps dumping torps out the side and its bugging me to no end!

Any thoughts to make the AI no eat me ammo? by senselessly shooting torps?

(2018-10-10, 03:42 PM)Otharious Wrote: So your ACB idea means I could have hull mounted torp interceptors? by using the detect torps at X range trigger to then launch the missile on the acv? Only thing i have to ponder then whats going to tell the torp to find a torp to kill? The interceptor head+my ships passive sonar? if this is true id be happy. Been wanting none turreted torp/air missile killers.

The way i have my turret/torps setup was from a youtube vid of one of the few vid makers for FTD

Interceptors choose from targets provided by munition warners.
They have absolutely no interaction with AMCC beyond it being a way to fire them.

(2018-10-10, 03:42 PM)Otharious Wrote: Ran test with the ACB hull mounted system for anti-torp interceptors
the 6 module setup does work and chase the enemy but am afraid they all try and gang up on 1 torp and they do not (intercept) they chase making them useless. what i mean by this is the overshoot the incoming torps and then try and chase it down. If i try and add my APN they are utterly useless this way and one turn does not work either.

Better interceptor target selection and coordination will come when devtest hits stable.
Checked and yep, APN/TPG do work with interceptors. Fixed mounts will be possible.

You can hull-mount torpedo interceptors easily. Set them up as normal, but don't use a Local Weapon Controller or Anti-Missile controller. Put an Automated Control Block near the Missile controller, and set it as follows:

- Trigger: enemy missile (set to torpedo only) in range Xm - try 300m or a bit under the max range of your antitorps
- Action: weapon systems/fire weapons.
- ACB Range: whatever only hits the missile controller. If you leave this at [no limit] it'll fire every weapon on your ship when a torp is sighted. Touching placement = 2 range. Cause reasons.
- I'd also recommend setting the frequency (delay between repeated triggers) to whatever the recharge of your missiles is. I don't know if it helps reduce cpu usage but it might a little.

The only advantage of using the AMCC instead of an ACB for missile interceptors is to have a turret that faces the incoming missiles/torps, which may help the success rate of the missile interceptors because they wouldn't have to turn.

(2018-10-11, 01:06 AM)Pastor of Muppets Wrote: You can hull-mount torpedo interceptors easily. Set them up as normal, but don't use a Local Weapon Controller or Anti-Missile controller. Put an Automated Control Block near the Missile controller, and set it as follows:

- Trigger: enemy missile (set to torpedo only) in range Xm - try 300m or a bit under the max range of your antitorps
- Action: weapon systems/fire weapons.
- ACB Range: whatever only hits the missile controller. If you leave this at [no limit] it'll fire every weapon on your ship when a torp is sighted. Touching placement = 2 range. Cause reasons.
- I'd also recommend setting the frequency (delay between repeated triggers) to whatever the recharge of your missiles is. I don't know if it helps reduce cpu usage but it might a little.

The only advantage of using the AMCC instead of an ACB for missile interceptors is to have a turret that faces the incoming missiles/torps, which may help the success rate of the missile interceptors because they wouldn't have to turn.

If I understand correctly he can set the interceptors up, in the stable version they just have trouble hitting.
IIRC non-direct fire APN has some troubles there, +maybe some other problems I don't remember.
Goal is definitely making hull mount interceptors good enough, missile defense becomes a chore if everything is required and hard to set up.

Yeah I can do hull mounted perfectly fine. its just without the AMCC they are useless and miss in stable branch and are a waste of ammo. Turreted AMCC and missile interceptor head + ship passive sonar = my go to anti-torp defense that i have used for many versions of the game. Stay within 2km of enemy and i can destroy almost any incoming sonar torp only insane torp spam/ratio of my defenders and laser guided Id have issues with.

I should test my AMCC turrets without APN just to check, ive always had APN in them along with AMCC and passive sonar under my ship here is the kick I DON'T HAVE MUTATION WARNERS on my ship either and my anti-torps go after torps just fine Smile well Sonar torps ones at least. when i Do put a warner on thats when i get my Anti-torps trying to become airborn missiles and .....it gets weird fast hahaha
I have noticed that with APN they have that cool *arc* toward their target but am guess AMCC just does this anyway? again i never not had APN with my AMCC turret Big Grin

They way I see it ACB anti-torps are trash. yes you can do it but it wont be a solid defense.

Cant wait for updated

Are small missiles in the update going to have missile interceptor heads?