Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

2.2.24 live in all branches

Missiles are pretty messed up right now, at least on sets that are created from prefabs.
- the missile module setup isn't saved on prefabs at all
- it may be because of a fight that broke some stuff, and subsequent repairs, but the torp arrays are broken:
- controller 4199 has no launch pads, but launchpad is connected to controller 4199
- another launchpad is not connected to controller 4199 but the gantry behind it is
- ejector that's attached to the disconnected launchpad, is not connected to launchpad
- replacing parts of the system doesn't fix it

After loading the torp setups from template, blueprinting the fortress and then loading the blueprint, things appear to be fixed for the time being.  However producing missiles from prefabs is consistently messed up.

-- edit --
Well, it seemed ok for a while, and then the controllers bugged out and disconnected again.  I actually saw one of them go defunct - I was looking through them, and one was fine.. then it just turned red, and no longer showed launchpads connected (although launchpads still show that they belong to the controller).  If I spawn an enemy, the launchers don't fire at it.

Also the LWC color seems to not format to its tags:

Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.

As of [2.2.26.10]:

- Sideways mounted rudders no longer apply their force at a right angle to the direction of movement like they should.
- Rudders used as they're supposed to be used behave properly.

Apparently there's still something wrong with turret repairing.

I spawned a new BP in campaign, then retrofitted it to later model that replaces PAC turret with laser turret.  The ship is otherwise done, but turret only gets the 2-axis turret block, nothing else.

I tried cutting off the turret and retrofitting a second time, but the result was the same - turret isn't built.  Here's the BP in case it helps.  A few of the blocks are from voidware though, so it's not exactly fully functional without the mod.

.blueprint   campaign zero laser.blueprint (Size: 121.94 KB / Downloads: 1)

More on missiles: missiles sometimes leave permanent "ghost missiles" on the gantries.  These missiles have been fired, and are waiting for reload, but the visual image of the missiles persists.  When new missile is loaded and fires, it "splits" from the ghost missile, and the ghost still remains.

I think it may have appeared when I loaded a different template on the launcher, and it disappeared by reloading the adventure save.

Large missiles are sometimes placed off the gantry:

This particular one was built first (length 20) and then added to existing controller that already had one torpedo (the one below) with a connector.  The new missile appeared off the gantry, and after loading a different template it was still displaced the same way.

So aside from the bugs ("spread to all" doesn't seem to want to work) the new missiles are spamtastic.  I slapped a dozen small launchers to a tank I'd been working on:

[Image: PBeUeiK.jpg]

It runs out of ammo after one volley but that single volley kills or disables most things.  I don't really have a problem with the ammo consumption given how ridiculous the initial hit is.

(2018-10-04, 02:14 AM)PualWall Wrote: So aside from the bugs ("spread to all" doesn't seem to want to work) the new missiles are spamtastic.  I slapped a dozen small launchers to a tank I'd been working on:

It runs out of ammo after one volley but that single volley kills or disables most things.  I don't really have a problem with the ammo consumption given how ridiculous the initial hit is.

I think exactly that is the problem with rockets. They are to good and nobody cares for costs or ammo especialy because the campagne needs much love. I only play designer so i dont realy care for costs but i hope the campagne will get much better so it would matter if your ship runs out of ammo.

And torpedoes are clipping through armor and exploding like 5m forward of their position. This is causing some hilarious things, like one-shotting a Bastion with three 7m torpedoes.

(2018-10-04, 08:15 PM)PualWall Wrote: And torpedoes are clipping through armor and exploding like 5m forward of their position. This is causing some hilarious things, like one-shotting a Bastion with three 7m torpedoes.

Explosions overall have this problem.  I've been killed by HE shells through three layers of heavy armor in unbroken cabin in adventure mode.  Not to mention the lasers doing the same (although haven't tested that in latest build).  Got tired of it and just set the avatar invulnerable - so it's just vehicle against vehicle.. and you can build redundancy on most systems.  But it would be nice if explosions would be confined by walls (until they actually break through).

(2018-10-04, 12:38 PM)Napoleon201067 Wrote:
(2018-10-04, 02:14 AM)PualWall Wrote: So aside from the bugs ("spread to all" doesn't seem to want to work) the new missiles are spamtastic.  I slapped a dozen small launchers to a tank I'd been working on:

I think exactly that is the problem with rockets. They are to good and nobody cares for costs or ammo especialy because the campagne needs much love. I only play designer so i dont realy care for costs but i hope the campagne will get much better so it would matter if your ship runs out of ammo.
Rockets have limited range though, and they seem to have problem hitting faster targets that move a bit erratically.  For me, most things die from lasers before the rockets get in range or have a chance to hit the target.

At close range they pack a fair bit of punch to the size they take, but I think that's largely dependent on fact there's no really good defense against them aside from being fast and dodge-y (a large volley can swarm over almost any LAMS).  If I remember right, the shield rework was supposed to have a type of shield that can absorb damage from missiles - but I haven't heard anything about the new shields for a while now, not sure what happened to that.