Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My beef with the game...or beefs

I may be able to help with the logistics part, I use supply groups extensively in my campaigns. I tend to leave my HQ city and cargo vehicles in play for the immersion factor, it's nice to have shipping traffic in port coming and going or airliners passing overhead. I will try to explain:

-Set up a looped fleetmove waypoint for the cargo vehicle between the unit/structure it takes resources from and the unit/structure it gives to.
-Assign the same supply group to the units and the cargo vehicle in the resource view (it helps if this is a unique supply group not assigned to other units), do not set the material percentage on the cargo vehicle (or fuel/ammo percentage, depends on what you're transporting).
-In the supply group screen, assign the unit material is taken from and the unit the material should be given to, tick "force feed" on.
-Set the cargo vehicle to "fleetmove" and let it go on it's waypoint, it should transfer material but, may not always take a full load.

You can also set up a supply route to take resources from multiple units, like a cargo ship picking up resources from multiple resource-gathering fortresses and dropping it off at a land-based HQ, for example.

Hope this helps a bit. Playing with localized resources can be real fun once you get the hang of supply groups.

Messages In This Thread
My beef with the game...or beefs - by elexier909 - 2018-09-13, 06:09 PM
RE: My beef with the game...or beefs - by temeter - 2018-09-14, 07:42 AM
RE: My beef with the game...or beefs - by CrimeanChimera - 2018-09-14, 02:23 PM