Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Starter Ship Scrimmage 3 - Aerial Arousal [Submissions Due 10/4]

You get 12,000 materials to build the ultimate starter aircraft.

[Image: X4oonnm.gifv]

Rules

Blueprints
•12k Max materials
•Must be an aircraft
•Multiple vehicle entries are allowed (must be combined into one spawn stick)
•Your entry must be able to significantly damage itself in a mirror match (more than 10% health in 2 minutes)

Movement
•Movement must be smooth, no glitch twitching (moving rapidly side to side in a manner that hurts my eyes)
•Must be capable of moving at least 15 m/s (does not have to actually move this fast in the battles, just be able to do it in testing)
•Must stay between 200 and 400 meters altitude

Weapons
•Simple weapons are banned (all of them)
•Grav rams are banned
•Proximity fuses are banned (other fuses are allowed)
•Keep your fire rate reasonable, if your designs triggers shell despawn, it will be disqualified

Utility
•No repair tentacles

Spin Blocks
•Spin blocks cannot be used to avoid game mechanics(clipping, avoiding drag, avoiding line-of-sight for detectors. sheilds projecting through other shields, etc.)
•No excessive clipping (using spin blocks to compress multiple blocks into each other)

Resources
•Unlimited ammo processors
•Centralized resource system will be used (no need for raw-resource crates)
•Each entry will start with 500 materials (They can be used for repairs, ammo refining, or in steam engines)

AI settings
•No Lua (Missiles or AI)
•Max altitude: 400
•Min altitude: 200
•Max range of 1.5 km (your entry should stay within this distance of the enemy most of the time)
•Detection equipment is not allowed (automatic detection set to 0.97)

Exploits
•No excessive clipping (using spin blocks to compress multiple blocks into each other)
•No blueprint file text editing
•If unsure as to whether you're doing something cheaty, you probably are, and should scale it back

Aesthetics
•Does not have to resemble a real life aircraft (can be fantasy, futuristic, ect.)
•Does have to be an aircraft of some kind (No ftd-physics abominations)
•Tiebreakers will be decided by aesthetics (best looking ship wins!)

Regulations
Match Spawning
We're now using w0otness's Tournament Mod: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=32725
With a special thanks to An Ickle for updating it to 2.2
•Resource limited vehicle designer (centralized resources, fixed starting amount)
•Map available here
•Water only map (no land masses)
•spawn at 1000 m distance, 300m elevation, facing broadside (entries will face in opposite directions in a broadside [ ↑    ↓ ] )

Victory Conditions
•winner decided by % health remaining after 5 minutes
•If there is less than 5% difference in health after 5 minutes, the best looking ship wins (my judgement).
•Going out of bounds for more than 30 seconds will be counted as a loss (This timer does NOT reset)

Tournament Format
•To be decided (most likely double elimination, and best of 3 matches)

Submissions
•send your submissions to: jimhemstreet @ hotmail (dot) com (submissions sent any other way will be ignored)
•include the phrase "Aerial Arousal" in the title so I can find it easily
•Attach the blueprint to the email (dont send me a link - I ain't clicking that!)
•name your blueprint [vehicle name] by [your name].blueprint (i.e. Floaty Boaty by T3hJimmer.blueprint)
•re-read all the rules before submitting
•any design that doesn't follow the rules will be rejected (you have been warned)

Join the The Arena discord channel to talk about this, and other FtD tournaments!
https://discord.gg/NjUp9nA

Alright I'll kick off the age old argument right from the start...  Shields or no shields?

Vehicle Design Theme = Fugly but Functional

I suck at building planes. I can't wait! XD

(2018-09-12, 06:25 AM)Tomson Wrote: I suck at building planes. I can't wait! XD

Based on our past match-ups I'm sure you'll find a way to beat me at least...  Or my design will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  Rolleyes

(2018-09-12, 03:01 AM)T3hJimmer Wrote: (..) the ultimate starter aircraft. (...)

How about no subobject rams? These feet a bit OP.

(2018-09-12, 04:17 AM)Ipsok Wrote: Alright I'll kick off the age old argument right from the start...  Shields or no shields?

As always I am in the no shield camp mainly due to its silly mechanics and the way they look.

(2018-09-12, 06:25 AM)Tomson Wrote: I suck at building planes. I can't wait! XD

Not true Smile
SE:BB planes were very effective and Fiendish Fray's ones very elegant.
primum non nocere

When it says “must be an aircraft” does that only count planes, or are airships fair game too?

is thrustercraft ok?
nice signature

(2018-09-12, 07:52 AM)drewthedraw Wrote: is thrustercraft ok?

I sure hope so because the HappyGunBall I'm messing with has like 25 thrusters...   Big Grin

[Image: SnzQLja.jpg]

(2018-09-12, 07:43 AM)Branjoman Wrote: When it says “must be an aircraft” does that only count planes, or are airships fair game too?

(2018-09-12, 07:52 AM)drewthedraw Wrote: is thrustercraft ok?

Whatever you want to build, as long as it's not a phyiscs abomoabomin/floating brick

(2018-09-12, 04:17 AM)Ipsok Wrote: Alright I'll kick off the age old argument right from the start...  Shields or no shields?

I don't see a problem with allowing shields. Aircraft at this size won't last long without them.