Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Starter Ship Scrimmage 3 - Aerial Arousal [planning]

Automatic detection can be set to 1.0 in 2.2, rather than 0.99. Afaik 1.0 works correctly now.

Does the spawn stick count towards the mats total? (with only 12k mat it wouldn't be insignificant if it did).

Spawnstick counts towards mats total. Keeps people from being ridiculous with thier spawn sticks.

Updated the rules.

All simple weapons are banned, including Rams.

You can have a maximum of 6 missiles per entry. No limit on gantries. Can be on one vehicle, or spread across multiple vehicles.

Entries will be spawned at 300m elevation, use a spawn sticks to adjust from there is needed.

Looks fun! I might actually enter, if I can shave an additional 6k materials off the VA-1.

Given the pace of development, I would suggest freezing the game version well before the deadline--something big hitting stable just before the deadline could be problematic.
Allr andask.

(2018-09-14, 02:32 PM)T3hJimmer Wrote: Updated the rules.

You can have a maximum of 6 missiles per entry. No limit on gantries. Can be on one vehicle, or spread across multiple vehicles.

Entries will be spawned at 300m elevation, use a spawn sticks to adjust from there is needed.

Hmmm, why is that?
I wanted to make 12 small planes.... now there is no way to achieve that with missle limits and autocannons gone.
primum non nocere

Missile limit, does this included APN guided bombs? No thrust.

(2018-09-14, 06:30 PM)harnas1977 Wrote:

Hmmm, why is that?
I wanted to make 12 small planes.... now there is no way to achieve that with missle limits and autocannons gone.

In past experience, microfighter spam can be extremely powerful due to the potential to combine a strong alpha strike with missile spam and acceptable durability due to redundancy--this seems a sensible balance measure. (And microfighter swarms tend to be rather binary--demolishing anything their missiles can easily hit and being useless-but-tedious against everything else.)
Allr andask.

(2018-09-13, 05:08 PM)T3hJimmer Wrote:
(2018-09-12, 04:17 AM)Ipsok Wrote: Alright I'll kick off the age old argument right from the start...  Shields or no shields?

I don't see a problem with allowing shields. Aircraft at this size won't last long without them.

Is there a max number of shield layers then?

Vehicle Design Theme = Fugly but Functional

(2018-09-14, 06:30 PM)harnas1977 Wrote:

Hmmm, why is that?

Missile spam is OP. I might change the number after more testing, but there will be a limit. Use APS and fewer planes.

(2018-09-14, 06:50 PM)Soulcharger Wrote: Missile limit, does this included APN guided  bombs? No thrust.

Yes, I'll be counting the number of launch pads.

(2018-09-14, 09:47 PM)Ipsok Wrote:
(2018-09-13, 05:08 PM)T3hJimmer Wrote:
(2018-09-12, 04:17 AM)Ipsok Wrote: Alright I'll kick off the age old argument right from the start...  Shields or no shields?

I don't see a problem with allowing shields. Aircraft at this size won't last long without them.

Is there a max number of shield layers then?

No limit on shield layers, self-damage requirement should keep things in check.

Currently my entry is like the bastard child of a Rube Goldberg device drunk-fucking a Chinese puzzle box...  If I showed you a pic of the insides you'd have me committed.

Vehicle Design Theme = Fugly but Functional