Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Projector designs

I know not exactly how to link to blueprints on the forum, so I'll dump a link to my steam workshop item instead.

Showcase

My idea was, that if you make a large amount of slower firing "simple" APS setups without clips or autoloaders and get a few together in a blob, you can still get netto as many or more shells downrange for a similar size/cost setup. Exceptional boon is that they these don't explode or take up subdeck space.

There are a few good ways to make this work, but unfortunately all the groovy examples here are in some way Reliant upon spin-block clipping. but if one allows that leeway they can clearly for powerful battery-style weapons.

I will make some more prototpyes tomorrow or the day after that work without this spin block cheesecakery, but in the meantime these are some fairly devastating weapons.
A chief concern was getting good sustained damage in adequate volleys to fool around LAMS.

The Sabot shotgun is a particular favourite of mine.

I'll just dump this here and take a patent (joking  Big Grin Tongue )

I am looking forward to trying and seeing more option this weapon type provides.
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea -> Check it out here!

[Image: 32DA9A8EECC76926A3CDAA803283F5FCC3314BBA]

But it can't make use of the under deck space

You should use overlapping subobjects (to make a "single" barrel shoot 20 shells at once Idea )

I've created another one in the meanwhile. you can find it on the Fregat Grevenbicht in my workshop. The weapon system itself is 3*3*6, a tube, and holds 18 barrels I believe., to replica a modern naval chaingun.

I consider it a boon they use no subdeck space - that allows more room for secundary and tertiary components. but when free space is easily available, these might not be the best choice indeed.
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea -> Check it out here!

[Image: 32DA9A8EECC76926A3CDAA803283F5FCC3314BBA]